LS malibu wagon

On Project Grocery Getter, we lengthened the GN fuel pump assembly, and used an upgraded Holley pump. Works great, though I'll admit I never let the fuel get low enough to make any difference.

ROKTWGN

Aug 28, 2011
Just thought I'd add a quick note for other options. A sending unit from a 94 astro van TBI is the correct length to drop in to the wagon tank.
Only modifying needed is to just grind off the alignment tabs to have the lines facing out the same direction as the original. This will allow you to install an in-tank pump. I believe the Spectra number is FG18B off the top of my head.

79loserbluebu

Frequent Racer
Jun 15, 2009
Illinois-60491
http://www.sparktecmotorsports.com/am-18688.html?utm_source=googlepepla&utm_medium=adwords&id=20861070197&utm_content=pla

I saw this in a magazine article, I wonder how well this would work

ROKTWGN

Aug 28, 2011
Those universal ones are nice, but expensive. Like I said from my earlier post, I bought a new spectra tank part #Gm704a for $125.00, the sending unit for for a 94 tbi astro van, spectra number FG18b for $50.00 all from amazon. For the pump I used A 255LPH Walbro, i believe it was part number GSS342? The sending unit is the exact same height as the wagon original. The pump sat in the hanger with the filter just
like an original pump. The sending unit locating tabs had to be removed to make the lines face the right direction. I then flared the lines and put -AN fittings on. The sending unit works, the pump is nice a quit being in the tank. Next I might try and figure out how to install a bucket to help with fuel shifting on hard launches, however I have not had a problem at all this far. I hope this helps some fellow wagon owners.

82dragonwagon

Daily Driver
Apr 12, 2013
What headers fit the Gbody for the ls swap. Looks like the Camaro may work 98-02, my ls swap has Camaro manifolds and oil pan.

82dragonwagon

Daily Driver
Apr 12, 2013
Just purchased an l92 6.0 and I've already bought a holley high ram and have another new set of 823 l92 heads. When I put the new cam in the 6.0 I'll pull the heads and use the new set I bought Already tired of the 4.8 that was in the car when I bought it. Didn't get to do the Turbo because the total cost. I think the 6.0/l92 will make a pretty stout setup.

TTLSX418

Amateur Racer
Apr 23, 2013
Baton Rouge, La
L92 is the 6.2 truck motor. lol so congratz, you have .2 liters you didn't know about! The LS3 and L92 block are the same, so are the heads minus the exhaust valves. The LS3 exhaust valves are sodium filled, the L92 ones are not.

Wagonized

Dragway Regular
May 25, 2003
abbotsford bc canada
www.cardomain.com
TTLSX418 said:
L92 is the 6.2 truck motor. lol so congratz, you have .2 liters you didn't know about! The LS3 and L92 block are the same, so are the heads minus the exhaust valves. The LS3 exhaust valves are sodium filled, the L92 ones are not.
he meant hes running a 6.0 shortblock with the L92/LS3 heads

TTLSX418

Amateur Racer
Apr 23, 2013
Baton Rouge, La
I'm putting an LS3 based 418 stroker build in my wagon. It has an RCI 12g sumped fuel cell mounted above the spare tire. The fuel pump is mounted under the car.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts