ls rocker's

BIGDOGG

Amateur Racer
Nov 26, 2008
gobles mi
When you switch to roller rockers are all of them adjustable or are there some that you just do the same preload as the stock units.

lt4malibu

Pro Stocker
Feb 22, 2004
NJ
some of them are, some arent depends on which ones you buy.

lt4malibu

Pro Stocker
Feb 22, 2004
NJ
exactly, stock ones are fine and actually weigh less than most aftermarket rockers. only problem is the needle bearings wear out but you can send them to Harland Sharp and get their trick sealed bearings for $100.

BIGDOGG

Amateur Racer
Nov 26, 2008
gobles mi
I was looking in to the roller rockers for less drag and less wear and tear i want the motor to have the best in can buy and of course last the longest it can. I guess if the stock units are good i would just reuse them. I have done some reserch on cams also and was looking in to doing a 1.8 rocker swap as long as as there are no clearence issues.

D&A Machine Shop

Frequent Racer
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SBC-Chevy-GEN-III-LS1-LS2-LS6-Aluminum-Roller-Rockers_W0QQitemZ380153979779QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item5882f16383
Check these out, they are the PRW rockers. We have used several sets of the
SBC rockers, haven't got the chance to use the LS rockers yet but the ones we have used seem to holdup well, the pin for the tip is pressed in and has a clip that keeps it from backing out. We are running them on our dirt track engines at 7000 rpm.

BIGDOGG

Amateur Racer
Nov 26, 2008
gobles mi
Thank you i just checked them out and as far as looks go they look like they would do the trick thanks for your input. Very usfull.

BAD78BU

Weekend Racer
Feb 13, 2007
Texas
send the stock to Harland Sharp for trunion upgrade, good for big HP!
Many here in my area with 600+ lift cams and big power

79loserbluebu

Frequent Racer
Jun 15, 2009
Illinois-60491
I did the Comp trunion kit on mine and they're holding up just fine

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!