Ls swap ???? Pleas help

Paintinpete

Mar 28, 2013
PalmBay Florida
Hey guys I'm getting ready to do a ls swap on my 80 malibu I'm sorry if this has been went over
Already but I'm new to the site and love it and I'm in complete information overload

So what I want to know is what oil pan and mounts will I need so I will not have to chop up
My chassie and if I there is any thing I should and shouldn't do during this swap
Things to look out for tips on making it as easy as possible

Thinking about the 4l60 trans I have been told it will not fit in the tunnel ??
Have a stout t350 in the car now will that work with the ls ??

Wow I have so many ???
Sorry to bother all you guys but I'm just getting ready to pull the trigger on my ls purchase
And don't want to get in over my head
Any and all info will help
Thanks

78_buwag

Amateur Racer
Sep 26, 2012
Columbia, MO
heard there is a kit out there to bolt a th350 to an ls motor, something about a spacer in the flywheel. the swaps are so popular now that a lot of companies are making swap kits. at this point its almost a drop in and go deal. good luck with your build

malicad

Dragway Regular
Dec 8, 2009
South Milwaukee, WI
There is not a transmission made that will not fit under our cars. It's just a matter of how much "persuading" you want to do with the floorpan. I have a TCI 6X, which is based on the large 4L80E case, and that fits with no problem. The 700R4 is smaller, but longer than my 6X, so if I can get that 181 pound transmission to fit (yep, just weighed it today :( ), you can make any one fit.

Paintinpete

Mar 28, 2013
PalmBay Florida
malicad said:
There is not a transmission made that will not fit under our cars. It's just a matter of how much "persuading" you want to do with the floorpan. I have a TCI 6X, which is based on the large 4L80E case, and that fits with no problem. The 700R4 is smaller, but longer than my 6X, so if I can get that 181 pound transmission to fit (yep, just weighed it today :( ), you can make any one fit.

Did you have to open it up any to fit that monster in or will it just fit

Slow85SS

Daily Driver
Feb 3, 2013
Layton, UT
I stuffed an LS6/4L80E in my 85 Monte with a G-Force TH400 crossmember with minimal massaging of the firewall/floor seam.

Paintinpete

Mar 28, 2013
PalmBay Florida
Man you guys are great thank you so much for the help
I spent the day on this site and just about got all the info
Needed to do my swap
Thank you all

Blue Knight

Frequent Racer
Mar 23, 2012
Good luck!

82dragonwagon

Daily Driver
Apr 12, 2013
I'm running 4l60e and ls that cam out of a 07 silverado. Fits fine.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!