LS1 + T56 = Not the 7.5 rear end? So 8.5 or 9"?

CruizinKev

Frequent Racer
Hey guys,

still looking for options for my project. I'll swap a LS1 and T56 in my 79 Monte and now I'm looking for rear end options.
You know I'm in Germany, so I need a good reliable address/shop that got those rear ends for sale.
What do you guys suggest? 8.5" or a Ford 9"?
My car will be a street/cruiser car. I also want to get on the track sometimes, Auto-X and stuff. But not hard stuff.

Where to buy and what do you think?

LMK,
-Kevin 8)

cutlass389

Frequent Racer
Feb 2, 2009
NC
On the other side of the pond I would assume that GN 8.5's are even harder to find than over here. Most likely you're going to have to do mail order so a 9" is the more likely candidate. Moser, Quick Performance, or Currie are the big players there but $$$ are gonna need to happen. You may want to look into a Tru-trac differential for street use and cone bashing rather than hard-core dragging.

Robert1320

Pro Stocker
CruizinKev said:
Hey guys,

still looking for options for my project. I'll swap a LS1 and T56 in my 79 Monte and now I'm looking for rear end options.
You know I'm in Germany, so I need a good reliable address/shop that got those rear ends for sale.
What do you guys suggest? 8.5" or a Ford 9"?
My car will be a street/cruiser car. I also want to get on the track sometimes, Auto-X and stuff. But not hard stuff.

Where to buy and what do you think?

LMK,
-Kevin 8)

Bummer is the shipping.
Moser 12 bolt is an great swap. Fits and doesn't screw up the upper alignment as much as a 9".
Let me know if we can help.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts