LSX/LM7 FUEL SYSTEM/TANK QUESTIONS????

45CHI

Daily Driver
Jul 17, 2012
I AM RUNNING 5.3L/LM7 TRUCK INTAKE, I ALREADY GOT A WALBRO GSL392 INLINE PUMP, BUT MY GAS TANK ONLY HAS FEED AND VENT LINE ONLY. HOW DO I RUN RETURN LINE? DO I RUN RETURN LINE BACK INTO FEED LINE BEHIND FUEL PUMP? -OR- DO I DRILL HOLE IN OLD ASSEMBLY(REMOVED of course) AND RUN RETURN LINE INTO TANK? remember the old tank on father/son project fuel system summary...my 1986 cutlass tank is just like it ](*,) ](*,)

bigmandengo

Weekend Racer
Apr 22, 2010
madison, wi
Re: FUEL SYSTEM/TANK QUESTIONS????

Your best off to just ditch the inline pump. It will give you nothing but problems especially since your tank is not sumped. You can get a complete in tank drop in assembly from racetronix.

http://www.racetronix.biz/itemdesc.asp?ic=FPS%2DG7W255&eq=&Tp=

Of course it would me most ideal to drop in a grand national tank because they are baffled. Spectra does make one for a reasonable price. The part number for the spectra tank is gm307c.

455_82malibu

Pro Stocker
May 19, 2006
WISCONSIN

Ive been running the same pump, external , and have no issues, but....you have to keep the tank at 1/4 or it will lean out if you get on it...or run the pickup sock to the rear of the tank.....if i race I just make sure I have plenty of gas. vent...just add a fitting to the top assembly or I used the vent line thats already on it, just take the disk out from the inside and it works fine...but make sure you drill a small hole in the gas cap to vent out.

45CHI

Daily Driver
Jul 17, 2012

bigmandengo said:
Your best off to just ditch the inline pump. It will give you nothing but problems especially since your tank is not sumped. You can get a complete in tank drop in assembly from racetronix.

http://www.racetronix.biz/itemdesc.asp?ic=FPS%2DG7W255&eq=&Tp=

Of course it would me most ideal to drop in a grand national tank because they are baffled. Spectra does make one for a reasonable price. The part number for the spectra tank is gm307c.
I GAVE THE SPECTRA TANK GM307C A LOOK. DO YOU THINK THE 87 MONTE CARLO 4.3L HANGER/SENDING UNIT WILL WORK/FIT WITH IT? THANKS ALOT

45CHI

Daily Driver
Jul 17, 2012

455_82malibu said:
Ive been running the same pump, external , and have no issues, but....you have to keep the tank at 1/4 or it will lean out if you get on it...or run the pickup sock to the rear of the tank.....if i race I just make sure I have plenty of gas. vent...just add a fitting to the top assembly or I used the vent line thats already on it, just take the disk out from the inside and it works fine...but make sure you drill a small hole in the gas cap to vent out.
I AM RUNNING 5.3L/LM7 truck intake, WHAT IF I KEEP SAME TANK N DROP IN HANGER FROM TBI 4.3 MONTE CARLO OR GRAND NATOINAL, WHAT WILL HAPPEN dancin_banana.gif dancin_banana.gif dancin_banana.gif

bigmandengo

Weekend Racer
Apr 22, 2010
madison, wi
With a non-baffled tank, you will experience fuel starvation when you get around 1/4 tank and the fuel is sloshing around on turns and while accellerating. If you keep your fuel level above a 1/4 tank you should be fine.

45CHI

Daily Driver
Jul 17, 2012
I DECIDED TO SWAP OUT TANKS, AND WALBRO GSL392 TO GSS342 INTANK PUMP. I HOPE IT WORKS OUT GREAT AND NOT WELL. edit-9/20/12 GSS342 does not fit hanger correctly. WALBRO F20000169 is needed for 87 GRAND NATIONAL intank setup. dancin_banana.gif dancin_banana.gif

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts