My Turbo LSX Build!

rodneypierce

Frequent Racer
Oct 9, 2013
Cedar Rapids, IA
1BAD81BU said:
I will not be running an intercooler since this is an E-85 build. From all of the advice I've gathered an intercooler in this type of setup because a hinderence to performance rather than a bonus.

Im not sure I agree with that, unless your running very low boost and/or a very large frame turbo. Any heat generated over ambient air temperature, in the induction stream is worthy of trying to minimize or reduce. The e85 wont help with the temperature of the charge, just a higher octane limit to help with the detonation. IMHO, an intercooler and/or meth injection is nearly a must with a turbo setup to add a safety barrier.

1BAD81BU

Pro Stocker
Aug 6, 2003
Whiteland, IN.
I disagree with the statement about E85 not helping the intake charge however I do understand your point about a safety barrier. In my situation I'll be using meth injection rather than an intercooler. In other news, my gas tank should be in tomorrow and then it's off to the fab shop to get a dual 12AN sump and 10AN return fitting/tube welded on! Updated pix to come soon! Later on, Nick.

rodneypierce

Frequent Racer
Oct 9, 2013
Cedar Rapids, IA
1BAD81BU said:
I disagree with the statement about E85 not helping the intake charge however I do understand your point about a safety barrier. In my situation I'll be using meth injection rather than an intercooler. In other news, my gas tank should be in tomorrow and then it's off to the fab shop to get a dual 12AN sump and 10AN return fitting/tube welded on! Updated pix to come soon! Later on, Nick.

Sweet! And your correct, I did not word it right up there.

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
Cool :D

Didn't your sig used to read "Later on, Nick."? It's definitely been a while since I've seen your name on the board.

1BAD81BU

Pro Stocker
Aug 6, 2003
Whiteland, IN.
It did Doober. Life has been crazy and I haven't had a lot time to spend on MR. I should be picking up my sumped gas tank tomorrow. I'll try to post up some pix when I get it back. I need more money and time!

BuWaGone

Amateur Racer
May 22, 2003
Hawaii
jaywill said:
I fill u on the more money more time.....

Sorry to thread jack but do you have a "build". I'll be putting a GT45 on my stock 305 in my wagon then go 350 when the 305 blows or gets boring.

1BAD81BU

Pro Stocker
Aug 6, 2003
Whiteland, IN.

Here's the gas tank finished and ready to install, painted with a spray paint called "Iron Pro"..good stuff!!

-12an hookups

-10an return, I chose to put the return in the upmost corner rather than on top due to the lack of a "firewall" in the wagon. I am running the vent line on top as you'll see in another pic.

This is there the return line is situated when the tank is in the car.

-10an Vent fitting/Check ball. I have a -10an 120* fitting with 2ft. of braided stainless I am going to use to route the vent line back through the floor and underneath the car. Not installed yet though. I know having fuel lines routed through the cabin of a car without a firewall isn't NHRA legal so I believe the vent system probably falls into that category but I'm more comfortable with a vent line in the car than a return line. However I may build a firewall for the vent line later.

Out with the old!!

And in with the new!! New TRZ manual brake kit, stainless steel lines, Wilwood 10lb. residual valve, Powerstop drilled/slotted rotors and Z16 pads, new calipers as well.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts