My Turbo LSX Build!

1BAD81BU

Pro Stocker
Aug 6, 2003
Whiteland, IN.
I also talked to Fathouse and decided to have them create a mount for the turbo instead of the one I have fabbed up in the pictures. The next step is to send the car their way a week from Saturday. Stay tuned for more updates! Later on, Nick.

1BAD81BU

Pro Stocker
Aug 6, 2003
Whiteland, IN.
It's been a while since I've given an update but the car has been at Fathouse for a little over a month now. I'll be swinging by this weekend and hopefully getting a few photos of the progress. They're not only mounting the turbo but they are also building the crossover and headers out of 304SS. I decided to pass on the mild steel route and go stainless steel. It should look great and last a long time too. The turbo is also going to be mounted behind the passenger side high beam headlight with the downpipe dumping under the firewall. I also ordered a custom built 4L80E from Gil@Ace Racing Transmissions. This trans. has a billet input shaft, main shaft, etc..Oh and a transbrake! After having a brake in my old TH350 I can't imagine racing a car without one. Hopefully in a couple weeks I'll be bringing the car home to swap out my homebuilt 4L80E and add the finishing touches. I won't be adding a cage until the end of summer. I want to have this car running and driving by the end of June. I wish I had pictures to show but I'm still waiting on everything. I'll keep you guys updated the best I can! Later on, Nick.

1BAD81BU

Pro Stocker
Aug 6, 2003
Whiteland, IN.
I apologize for the delayed response. The return line will follow of the path feed line(factory route). The return dumps in the top corner of the tank as you can see in the pic. Hopefully that's answers your question. On another note I do not have any pics to share. My car just got started on last week and I also added a 10 point cage made of docol into the mix of fab work to be done. The car should certify to 8.50 or slower. I'll do my best to keep you guys updated! Nick.

1BAD81BU

Pro Stocker
Aug 6, 2003
Whiteland, IN.
Again, I apologize for the long delays in progress pix but some work I've done over the past few months.

Cleaned and painted the frame satin black. I also painted the delete panel.

1BAD81BU

Pro Stocker
Aug 6, 2003
Whiteland, IN.

My 4L80e from Ace Racing Transmission's showed up. Just about everything inside is billet steel or aluminum.lol It does have a Rossler transbrake valve body too.

1BAD81BU

Pro Stocker
Aug 6, 2003
Whiteland, IN.

Here is the engine and transmission going back in. I changed the oil pan to an Autokraft piece and got rid of the LSA CTS-V pan. I didn't like how it hung under the k-member. The Autokraft pan sits flush with bottom of the k member. I'll more pix tomorrow of what else is done. Later on, Nick

1BAD81BU

Pro Stocker
Aug 6, 2003
Whiteland, IN.

This is the oil pan clearance I was talking about. This is with the Autokraft pan. Also, notice the downpipe..that's 5"dia. 11 gauge ceramic coated aluminum.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts