m21 muncie problems

iwannawheelie

Amateur Racer
Jan 11, 2008
CT
Guys I am having an issue here. I put an m21 in my 79 wagon with a 406. The clutch, linkage and everything is golden but I am having difficulty with shifter clearance and getting my iceman cross member to bolt up the cross member is hitting the header on the passenger side and the mounting position is kicks the motor on a huge angle making the headers very low, just wanted input on what you guys are using for shifters, mounting position of shifters and what cross members, and if u are running an iceman why is mine causing such a headache

StreetBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
Mar 21, 2004
Upstate NY
I think the "Icemembers" are made for 81-newer cars, the 78-80 have a shorter boxed section on the drivers side. Sound like you need to get the frame extension kit and that should solve your issues. I think there only 25-30 bux. See ya

A

Anonymous

You shouldn't need a frame ext. for a muncie, it uses the th350 crossmember.

Post up some pics. might make it easier to help you, if we can actually see whats going on.

iwannawheelie

Amateur Racer
Jan 11, 2008
CT
thanks for the input, I figured I didn't need the exstension because I had a 400 in there and that used one, I actually got it to fit it was actually shifter position that screwed everything up, all is well now though thanks again

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts