DUMB to switch from an M21 to a TH400???

toxicbu

Frequent Racer
Feb 25, 2009
romeoville il
with a good manual th 400 you can still fish tail

malicad

Dragway Regular
Dec 8, 2009
South Milwaukee, WI
80Grand_LeMans said:
I'll take your pedals and m-21 when you take them out :)
I doubt you'll want to pay for shipping, as I'll be selling every single thing associated with the manual trans...trans, shifter, bell housing, scattershield, centerforce clutch, petals, etc....hopefully all at the same time. But, I'll keep you in mind :D

80Grand_LeMans

Dragway Regular
Jun 4, 2008
Peabody MA
malicad said:
80Grand_LeMans said:
I'll take your pedals and m-21 when you take them out :)
I doubt you'll want to pay for shipping, as I'll be selling every single thing associated with the manual trans...trans, shifter, bell housing, scattershield, centerforce clutch, petals, etc....hopefully all at the same time. But, I'll keep you in mind :D

Welllllll.......I DO need everything...lol

StreetBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
Mar 21, 2004
Upstate NY
If I were you I'd do the rear gear swap first then drive with the stick and see how you like it. It sounds like you're changing them anyways and that may help the take off not be so jerky too.

malicad

Dragway Regular
Dec 8, 2009
South Milwaukee, WI
Doober, will do. I thought of the rearend swap first, but then, the M21 has a 2.21:1 first gear. The TH400 has a 2.48:1 first gear. I'm switching from a 3.89 to a 3.25 rear gear, so after the whole rearend/trans swap, I think it'll pretty much feel the same (in 1st at least)....thanks for the tips, everyone...As soon as I get some time off of work, I'll get to this swap and keep you all posted.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts