Probabaly a dumb question

JOHNWOJO

Frequent Racer
Jun 8, 2009
New Jersey
My 81 project has south side lift bars. When the car launches will the car squat or lift. Right now i have a set of 295 75 15 MT drag radials on there. If the car does not squat more then an inch i have room. Is it ok to run these on an 8" rim or should they be on a 10" rim? Will this suspension work with about 550 hp or should i do something else back there? Any ideas or opinions are appreciated.

UMI Performance

Amateur Racer
Oct 5, 2005
Bigler, Pa
www.umiperformance.com
Hello,

The lift bars are design to lift the body of the vehicle in the rear and by doing so they place pressure on the rear end planting the tires harder into the ground, so no they are not designed to squat. They work really well on low and mid horsepower vehicles or vehicles running 10.50's and slower. Based on what you said I think you should try them out and see how they work for you.

Hope that helps,
Ryan

JOHNWOJO

Frequent Racer
Jun 8, 2009
New Jersey
Thanx Ryan if they dont work i will just buy your uppers and lowers like i have on the 79.

UMI Performance

Amateur Racer
Oct 5, 2005
Bigler, Pa
www.umiperformance.com
JOHNWOJO said:
Thanx Ryan if they dont work i will just buy your uppers and lowers like i have on the 79.

Glad to help.

Also on the tire size, I think that may be too big but someone can correct me because I am not sure. I was thinking 275 was the most on a 8" wheel, if that is even possible. I run 315's on a 9" wheel.

Someone else can chime in with better information I am sure. Thanks!
Ryan

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts