Dumb Question: Lakewood Traction Bars

81lemans

Daily Driver
Oct 11, 2010
Hey guys, i just picked up a set of lakewood traction bars like these locally for cheap:

lak-21313_w.jpg

only thing is they are missing the bracket between the axle and the bar/lca itself because they were welded on the previous owners car. i was wondering if maybe they would just be like a regular tubular lca without the brackets?i tried to measure the stock one and the lakewoods and it seemed like there is maybe half a inch of so difference in length (couldnt really get a perfect measurement due to the dark and the car was on the ground). im assuming if the bars are different lengths that would throw off my pinion angle? he supplied a rough template of what they were shaped like so i could make some up out of some plate. could i just buy a lca relocation bracket kit as well (instead of making them)?

Malibu Monte

Frequent Racer
I wouldn't put them on without the brackets. The lower brackets are what make them work. The only advantage to the arms without the brackets is that they are boxed and therefore stronger. Not to mention that they are longer and will change your pinion angle. Either spring for the bracket kit or talk to the guy you got them from and cut the old brackets off.

81lemans

Daily Driver
Oct 11, 2010
ok thanks guys, will any lca relocate bracket work? or should it be the specific lakewood one? just curious because i dont see lakewood list them anywhere, i might have to contact them.

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
Those arms also bind the rear suspension pretty good. There's no allowance for them to rotate. I would say they're a drag only part & even then not a very well designed one. In any event, I bet you can get replacement brackets for Lakewood.

Tommy

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts