Made the swap to manual brakes.

eldabo

Pro Stocker
Aug 10, 2006
Mobile,Alabama
But now the brakes feel spongy. Well they allways have but I thought they would be more stiff.I have bled them at least 2 times there is no air in them . Any ideas?

David

eldabo

Pro Stocker
Aug 10, 2006
Mobile,Alabama
Yes with the hoses that came with it .I went on a ride today and spooky is an under statment. Any ideas?

David

eldabo

Pro Stocker
Aug 10, 2006
Mobile,Alabama
I allso put the rod in the top hole when I swaped it .Any one have spongy brakes after the swap?
If so what did you do to fix it?

David

BMR Sales

Frequent Racer
Nov 20, 2008
What was the stock bore vs the bore of your new master? If you went up or stayed the same (mc bore size) that may be why the pedal feels spongy. You might try going with a smaller bore mc to give you a firmer pedal.

440shorty

Weekend Racer
Jan 22, 2009
Annapolis, Maryland
Spongy brakes

My brakes are spongy - upon inspection, I found that both front brake hoses are BAD and about to break at the upper end!! :shock: Bad hoses can swell when the brakes are applied, and in this case, one is also leaking. I would check your brake hoses and go from there.

440shorty

eldabo

Pro Stocker
Aug 10, 2006
Mobile,Alabama
Im going to go with ss braided line to get rid of the rubber soon. I did get them working a lot better doing some of the things that were suggested above,Longer rod helped a lot . Allso bleed bleed bleed I thought there was no way air could be in the system after bleeding twice . I was wrong ,after the third time it was 10x better.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts