my home made rear disc setup

Malibutomi

Frequent Racer
Sep 17, 2003
Hungary
www.hebonline.hu
We built some similar setups. Heres some pics on the brackets. They still needs to be drilled for the application. These are for 10 and 12 bolt rears, fullsize, and metric/cadillac calipers.
Altough we used all 4 backplate bolts to mount the caliper bracket, two should be enough, but i feel much safer knowing that 4 bolts hold it.
And for the mass production we had the bracket laser cut from 3/8" steel.
I will use the same setup on my 12 bolt, with 2nd gen camaro calipers, becouse the cadillac calipers are 170$ each from rockauto (thats the cheapest i found). I have 81 Firebird rotors for the rear.
We'll connect the parking brake pedal to the brake system, so when you push it in it locks all 4 brakes. I personally never used it, but its a must for tech inspection.

bracket1.jpg

bracket2.jpg

lurchsmalibu

Top Fueler
Jun 5, 2005
Lakeland, Florida
http://www.creativecontrolsinc.com/quad-controls/parking-brake/index.htm

A

Anonymous

The only problem with using all 4 mounting holes is that you need to mount the bracket on the outside of the backing plate mount and then you can't use c clip eliminators. I will probably weld mine on once everything is all said and done. The bolt holes are mostly just there because they need to be to hold the eliminator on.

mc1984ss

Frequent Racer
Apr 19, 2004
Wisconsin
mc1984ss said:
your average line lock should not be used as a line lock.

Sorry I meant to say the average line lock should not be used as a parking brake.

78_Elky

Pro Stocker
Mar 9, 2005
Oregon
smlblk78.onlineshowoff.com
Can't you just put a driveline lock on your driveshaft????
-Josh

383malibufiend

Top Fueler
Mar 27, 2006
Lancaster PA
whats a driveline lock?

78_Elky

Pro Stocker
Mar 9, 2005
Oregon
I could be way off, seeing as how there are things out there I am completely unaware of, but in my guesstimation it is a disk on the driveshaft that you can lock so the driveshaft won't move....I've only seen them on off road trucks, like I said I could be way off and I'm sure someone can/will correct me if I am wrong :oops:
-Jos

dwkohout

Frequent Racer
Sep 25, 2004
Albany,MN
383malibufiend said:
whats a driveline lock?

Pinion mounted parking brake. http://www.tsmmfg.com/Pinion_Mounted_Parking_Brakes.htm

78_Elky

Pro Stocker
Mar 9, 2005
Oregon
thats exactly what I was talking about, didn't know the "real" name haha
-Josh

A

Anonymous

I started measuring up the 12 bolt out of my friends Chevelle and it looks like this setup should work on that too. I just finished my second plate and I feel that the design is pretty good. Sometime next week I'm going to have some made up my a local shop with a water jet or w/e. I think I'm going to have them made up in 3/8 steel. I think the 1/4 is good enough as far as strength goes but the 3/8 will give me more room to tap for the caliper slide pins. If the design works out good I'll probably have more made up. Anyone interested in a set? Not sure what it's going to cost to have them made up but I'm sure the more I buy the cheaper they will be.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts