malibu suspension question

cutlass389

Frequent Racer
Feb 2, 2009
NC
Thanks for the clarifications Kev. On the bar angles, I was referring to the difference between the two relocation styles. I understand about the intersection of the two theoretical planes. By lower and higher I meant that the lift bar type when used with a stock angle UCA will come rearward but must still intersect along the existing upper plane line, and the no hop type with the stock angle LCA will come rearward but still intersect along the existing lower plane line. I wish I could draw it out but I think we're on the same page. In that perfect world we'd all be back-halved with the multiple holed brackets to be able to perfect the geometry. I had heard about obscene horsepower cars actually getting into different physics and geometries. I don't have that problem.

A

Anonymous

This all sounds like good stuff, but you guys lost me.. LOL

I ran this weekend at our opener. I was running right around 11.42@116 both days. My 60 ft times were between 1.600 and 1.609 almost every pass pretty consistant actually. I am going to wait till i get my new rearend before i make any changes, but i really appreciate all the input.

This will all be very helpful once i get to the point of changing stuff. And if anyone has anything else to add my ears are open and i am willing to take all the advise i can get.

Thanks again
-Robby

cutlass389

Frequent Racer
Feb 2, 2009
NC
In the new (July,'09) issue of Car Craft there's an article about rear suspension tips and a screen capture of IC plotting and related stuff. Those are tight 60's. I could go rounds if mine stayed like that.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts