master cylinder and prop valve

A

Anonymous

I know this has been talked about, i searched it and couldn't find anything though.

Which cars came factory with 4-wheel disk brakes?

I have rear disk on my bu,
and i'm in the process of putting the 12" brake kit on my car,

So, would it be best to find a factory 4 wheel disk car, and use the master cylinder, and the prop valve to make mine work correctly?

Supe

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 21, 2003
Charlotte, NC
There were no factory 4 wheel disc Bu's.

A

Anonymous

use a master cyl off a olds toronado or a camaro one will work, then use brasss fittings to get rid of the stock valve and use an aftermarket prop valve. here's a pic of what mine looks like

HPIM0819.jpg

you can barely see the new distribution block under the line loc. i am using the 12" discs in front and haven't decided what size in the rear( 12" or 11" rotors), but i will be using cadillac rear calipers in order to keep the parking brake.

A

Anonymous

i know the bu's didn't have 4 wheel disk, but i didn't know if i could use that stuff from a Vette, or any model of car that did have 4 wheel disk.

A

Anonymous

Fast Lane Racing said:
i know the bu's didn't have 4 wheel disk, but i didn't know if i could use that stuff from a Vette, or any model of car that did have 4 wheel disk.

you need to find something with the same weight distribution for stock parts to work, and that much research just to get it "close enough" isn't good enough for me, i want it to be the best it possibly can, not 90 or 95%....

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
Order a Disc/Disc combo valve from Master Power Brakes. No need to replumb anything. It's a direct bolt-in. Adjustable proprotioning valves are for front/rear bias fine-tuning only. They are not intended to replace combo valves or metering valves unless they are used with separate front/rear masters like in a full race set up.

Tommy

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts