Maybe another way to swap an 8.8?

Horsepwraddict

Pro Stocker
Mar 3, 2007
Princeton MA
Im currently getting an 8.8 housing ready to put in my car. Im getting the tubes welded and putting TRZ spring perches on it for better spring alignment, I still need to order my IC brackets and arms but I recently thought of something else. Everyone is using Baseline's frame side upper control arm buckets to get the front of the arms down to help with IC. Baseline also makes instant center brackets that go on the housing of the 8.8, I don't see why these wouldn't achieve the same thing. Here is a link to the product im talking about. It doesn't look to have quite the height adjustment but it may still be an option (or run both the buckets and the rear end brackets)...thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:

dfast1

Daily Driver
Mar 13, 2015
Atlanta, GA
Nice set up. Never seen it before. I have always had good success with lowering the bottom rear end mounting points (using lower control arm relocation brackets), solid joints, adjustable arms, anti sway bar, adjustable shocks and Control Arm Reinforcements/Frame Braces. Of course there always more than one way to skin a cat. My 78 Malibu ls swap does 1.40 60 foot on a no mini tub drag radials. runs mid 10's no trans brake.

I do however like this baseline suspension set up. I would like to hear if someone else has tried it.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts