mechanical fuel pump

barnym17

Dragway Regular
Jan 6, 2008
ohio
If your good on fuel injection think of it this way, the choke is your cold start enrichment.Start with the basic setting available for your carb at holley .com then from there a tighter choke means more enrichment longer looser is just the opposite.Tinker with the setting till it does what you need.

80montecarlo

Dragway Regular
Apr 24, 2008
cloverdale b.c. canada
I never use a choke, it is the first thing eliminated from my carbs when I buy them. The electric fuel pump is nice because you don't need to wait to fill the bowls, hit the switch wait for the sound of the relief valve going off in the pump and give'r. Yeah I have to hold the engine @ 1500 rpm for a minute or two but after that everything is good to go.

79sbcmalibu

Amateur Racer
Nov 26, 2009
milford , ct
80montecarlo said:
I never use a choke, it is the first thing eliminated from my carbs when I buy them. The electric fuel pump is nice because you don't need to wait to fill the bowls, hit the switch wait for the sound of the relief valve going off in the pump and give'r. Yeah I have to hold the engine @ 1500 rpm for a minute or two but after that everything is good to go.
what fule pump do you use

80montecarlo

Dragway Regular
Apr 24, 2008
cloverdale b.c. canada
79sbcmalibu said:
80montecarlo said:

Holley blue, I have them on 3 vehicles and none of them have chokes.

79sbcmalibu

Amateur Racer
Nov 26, 2009
milford , ct
80montecarlo said:
79sbcmalibu said:
80montecarlo said:

Holley blue, I have them on 3 vehicles and none of them have chokes.
will this pump hold up nitrous to because i plan on spraying it also

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts