Motor Setback

labelblack68

Weekend Racer
Nov 28, 2010
myrtle beach, sc
Keystone Mark said:
I used 1" setback adapters with stock mounts and clamshells in the stock location. I used the stock AC heater box and trimmed the pass side coil mount and coil mount stands on the valve cover. No heater box mods and just enough clearance. I had to access the temp sender and rear spark plug from the bottom but it was far easier than messing with the heater box.
i did the same thing, it hit my a/c box and cracked it, so it made its own room. i used all f-body stuff oil pan and accesories, except for a/c compressor.

dynodanmanda79

Weekend Racer
Dec 9, 2007
Crestview, FL.
Does anyone know which coils clear the a/c box the best with the 1" setback plates? round truck coils, square truck coils, or f-body coils?

bigmandengo

Weekend Racer
Apr 22, 2010
madison, wi
I have the truck coils with the heatsinks. I have the carshop inc setback plates and with the rear most coil mount trimmed off the valvecover the coils dont touch the box at all.

dynodanmanda79

Weekend Racer
Dec 9, 2007
Crestview, FL.
Sweet man thanks! That's the exact answer I was looking for, I wanted to get the round truck coils with heat sinks anyway but just wanted to make sure.

veltboy618

Weekend Racer
Nov 12, 2009
Granite City, IL
LT1_Malibu said:
Mine is set back 1'' but I have no heater box. I'm using long tube headers and running a factory truck intake. I have plenty of engine clearance.
What headers are you using? Did you have to bend any spots on the headers to get them to fit?

LSJM1

Amateur Racer
Aug 27, 2008
Atlanta
1" setback actually leaves the transmission in the stock location
F-body shorty headers fit without mods most f-body longtubes need work on the passenger side

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts