New GTO wheels?

timeisrelative

Weekend Racer
May 28, 2008
I just found a set of 2004 GTO wheels on craigslist for real cheap. I think they are the same backspacing as the newer vettes, I know I saw someone on here running newer vette wheels, kinda just curious what kind of mods would be needed to run them on a 80 malibu with standard old GM wheel specs. I'm guessing lots of spacers, but let me know if you have any ideas :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

83LSWagon

Frequent Racer
Aug 27, 2008
Spring Hill, FL
I saw an Impala once with vette wheels, and it looked like he had almost 2" of spacers... too much IMO

timeisrelative

Weekend Racer
May 28, 2008
:roll: Yea, I kinda figured that it would be a lot of spacing/ long lugs, but the guy is asking 175 for all four with tires on them. I figured it was worth a look at least! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

timeisrelative

Weekend Racer
May 28, 2008
sorry I was wrong its 150, he does say they have a little curb rash, but I haven't looked at them yet.

timeisrelative

Weekend Racer
May 28, 2008
Tony_SS said:
Different bolt pattern.. I woundn't do it. When you run spacers adapters you run in to all sorts of problems.. including some high speed wobbling with out of balance spacers/adapters.

:oops: :oops: Well I didn't see this post before I went to look at them. I did buy them, and told the guy if they don't work he'll be seeing them on craiglist again!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Oh well I figure at what I paid for them I could prob clean them up and re-sell for a little profit on GTo_Org!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

timeisrelative

Weekend Racer
May 28, 2008
:roll: So I'm seeing all kinds of different ways people are going, anywhere from 1 1/2 - 2 1/2 inch adapters. What I've seen the most is a 2" adapter. I know I've seen guys on here running z06 and new T/A wheels, so if you see this, please let me know what you're running for spacers. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

epartlow

Mar 30, 2010
Yeah i know they wont work, i tried putting my friends on my 80 lemans. i think he said it has the same bolt pattern as most bmws

timeisrelative

Weekend Racer
May 28, 2008
:roll: Yeah I figured if I have to run spacers I could run a pattern adapter to get them to work. I don't know how to tell what spacing I need and guess that I'm gonna take it to a shop to figure out if they will even fit in.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts