NM1860 install

Hiway

MalibuRacing Junkie
Mar 9, 2005
Enola Arkansas
Redoing all of the brakes, lines, master, line-lock. I know I am suppose to mount the master on the top studs and move the rod up to the top hole on the pedal. My question is what do you do for a pin on the pedal to hold the rod? Pin is pressed in lower hole and won't budge.

Supe

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 21, 2003
Charlotte, NC
I had ground the head of the pin down, punched it through, and rewelded in the top hole when I used to have it set up that way. You can do the same with a dowel pin welded in place, or just use a fine thread nylock nut and bolt.

Hiway

MalibuRacing Junkie
Mar 9, 2005
Enola Arkansas
Supe, I had kinda come to that conclusion also....just looking for a lazy way without pulling the pedal. Thanks man. Did you use the factory rod from the power booster setup? What about a rubber boot to locate the rod in the master?

Supe

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 21, 2003
Charlotte, NC
I had used the factory rod. Had it just long enough to fit in the dimple, and couldn't come out no matter what as it would hit the lower lip where the plunger is on the master. What most people do with it though is to drill a hole in a piece of scrap and tack it onto the pedal assembly so it can't fall out. I don't think there's any other way of doing it reliably.

Not sure about your setup, but I had to pull the pedal assembly anyway to pull the booster and mount the adapter plate.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!