Non A/C Heater Box What Is Missing

attngtr

Frequent Racer
Sep 20, 2007
Eastern Iowa
I am looking to buy a non a/c heater box for my 79 malibu. The heater assembly also came out of a 79 malibu. I was wondering what is missing. The seller says it is all complete. Does someone know if there are any items that are missing or not. The blower motor is also included but not in the pic.
Thanks

malibuheater2-1.jpg

malibuheater3_zps58532bad.jpg

malibuheater1_zpse940f01f.jpg

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
there should be a plastic screen of sorts on the top of that box.it should have a blower motor resistor on the front located near the blower motor.it's a small circuit board that's screwed into the box held in by two screws,can't miss it.

PaulB23

Daily Driver
Jul 15, 2007
New Berlin, Wisconsin
The screen as mentioned above and another peice that screws below part of the screen that goes above the heater core. There should also be wiring from the heater control to the firewall where it can unplug and run to the blower motor. Otherwise appears complete.

attngtr

Frequent Racer
Sep 20, 2007
Eastern Iowa
Thanks for the help. I just bought one. I think I am getting everything that is needed to do this conversion.

81classic

Top Fueler
Jun 5, 2003
North Port, Fl
dont forget the uner dash panel where the vent handles screw to

78_Elky

Pro Stocker
Mar 9, 2005
Oregon
smlblk78.onlineshowoff.com
there are also some vent block offs for the two vents on the outside ends of the dash. You don't really need them but those vents no longer have duck work to them with a heat only set up.
Jess

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!