nos, not working

toxicbu

Frequent Racer
Feb 25, 2009
romeoville il
new motor , on motor i turned 10.66 at 126 mph. i have a n/x stage 6 plate (50 to 300) i have the 200 hp jets in it now, i purge the system stage make my pass everything felt good i get my slip and it went 10.45 @ 132 mph. any ideas. i checked the plate its shouting fuel out and checked the nos its allso spraying .any one have this problem ???
i was hoping to spray the 200 at it and finaly get in the nines.

toxicbu

Frequent Racer
Feb 25, 2009
romeoville il
ya the stock tune. timing 34 deg and fuel is at 7 psi

purple barney

Frequent Racer
Mar 29, 2009
Raleigh NC
most stock tunes are on the rich side but even with a stock tune you should get more then .2 out of a 200 shot??? im not nos expert but have you checked all the wiring like your grounds. how do the plugs look

toxicbu

Frequent Racer
Feb 25, 2009
romeoville il
purple barney said:
most stock tunes are on the rich side but even with a stock tune you should get more then .2 out of a 200 shot??? im not nos expert but have you checked all the wiring like your grounds. how do the plugs look
all grounds and wiring are good.
the plugs are brownish (fat). even so i shuld have turned more then .2 tents
im just going to take it all out and start over.

toxicbu

Frequent Racer
Feb 25, 2009
romeoville il
Malibuwagon80 said:
Is you're bottle pressure 900 psi or above?
not sure, at the track the gage said 900. get home and the gage is broke. the bottle is full.

DFWMalibu

Dragway Regular
Dec 15, 2006
Dallas,Tx
somethings definately not right I have picked up more than that on 75-100hp shots...

Chris K.

COPO 572

Dragway Regular
Mar 23, 2004
Morrisville, NC 27560
I sprayed my last car and had a problem that kept cropping up. This was an NOS Cheater system, so it may or may not apply.

The solenoids have a plunger and seat type arangement. The plunger actually only lifts about an 1/8" or less when activated. If I remember right, it was somewhere in the neighborhood of .060". In any case, gas from the carburetor would end up in my hard lines leading to the solenoids. Believe it or not, the seat material on the NOS plunger is not compatible with gasoline! The rubber material of the plunger would swell up so much from contact with the gas that when the solenoid was energized, the plunger would not actually lift off the seat. It was effectively closed or near closed all the time.

Might be something to consider from an old nitrous junkey.

toxicbu

Frequent Racer
Feb 25, 2009
romeoville il
thanks , so how did you come acros the fuel? was it in the line?

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts