OPG front springs 4 weeks out!!! Need 3"

lt1 kenobi

Amateur Racer
Dec 24, 2007
Raleigh, NC
I wanna bring the car down 3" in the front on some real springs but OPG doesn't have ANY g body front springs in stock which is sorta ridiculous. Does anybody know of another company that has some similar??? Need ASAP!

Bill in NC

Top Fueler
Jan 1, 2004
Mocksville NC
I had autozone order my MOOG springs.

MalibuRacing

Top Fueler
May 5, 2003
www.maliburacing.com
Yeah, they told me the same when I was looking for 2" springs. I ended up finding Moog replacements that gave me close to a 2" drop.

If you want a 3" drop, I would recommend using a 2" drop spindle with 1" drop springs. 3" drop with springs may cause suspension geometry problems. You can get Moog replacements to get a 1" drop for about $70, and drop sprindles for less than $200. It would probably equal out in cost vs. the 3" OPG springs.

LuvNLife

Daily Driver
Oct 11, 2007
Manassas, VA
Here's one other source that doesn't get mentioned very often; not cheap, but they're certainly made to your spec:

http://www.eatonsprings.com/contact.htm

On their application guide, it only shows 2" drops available, but it may be worth a phone call.

Jerry

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
that's some good reading on that site worth a look for sure

lt1 kenobi

Amateur Racer
Dec 24, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Bill in NC said:
I had autozone order my MOOG springs.

What springs are on the car in your sig? Are those moog? I didn't know they made springs short enough to bring it down that low.

Thanks

Bill in NC

Top Fueler
Jan 1, 2004
Mocksville NC
A 2" dropped spindle with a MOOG 5658 spring without the rubber isolator in the spring pocket. Taking out the rubber isolator was worth almost a half inch on my car.

lt1 kenobi

Amateur Racer
Dec 24, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Hmmm I thought I saw some dropped spindles on Craigslist... if that doesn't work out I'm gonna use some circle track springs from speedway w/the shims to adjust the height... very cheap, good way to have adjustable height.

Bill in NC

Top Fueler
Jan 1, 2004
Mocksville NC
I would do the dropped spindle route if you can find an affordable set.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts