Pacesetter header question.

Alex41

Weekend Racer
Nov 4, 2013
Fort Belvoir, VA
I know many of you here run/have strongly suggested, the pacesetter f body headers for the g body swap. I know it takes some small modification to achieve a decent fit but most of you run the 1" back set motor mount plates.

My car was created 14 years ago when there was no real market for LS swapped G bodies. The builder made a serious notch in the K member for the f body oil pan to fit. By doing this, he was able to make another very small notch for the a/c compressor to fit in the stock f body location as well.

My question is this. Will the pacesetter headers fit with my engine mounted in what is essentially a stock SBC location? If so, what other modifications do I need to do to the headers to make them fit? Thanks. Alex.

Alex41

Weekend Racer
Nov 4, 2013
Fort Belvoir, VA
Well...after a day's worth of modifying, the headers are on. It didn't take any other mods besides turning the drivers side collector back straight, and chopping the passenger headers and bending them towards the block. The real issue was how the original builder made the motor mounts.

He used the clam shell style mount, flipped it, and put it to the frame while the rubber part went to the block. This caused issues with the drivers side header that was fixed with a grinder (that exploded a wheel and took a chunk out of my darn finger. :evil: ).

The passenger side wasn't too bad at all. Once I got the primaries cut I just had to bolt them up and bend them in. After all was said and done I made them bend in just a tad too far and they rubbed the bell housing (T56). Just a little grinder work here fixed that one too.

All in all these fit pretty well for a 125 dollar set of used headers. Now I just need to finish the rest of the exhaust with a 2.5" X pipe system and some chambered mufflers.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts