pertronix distributor...

wannabe

Frequent Racer
Aug 31, 2009
been checking on stand alone/plug and play units and saw the pertronix unit on amazon for 238$, looks good but have no idea about quality. anyone have any experience with these, where they are made? thx...wannabe

nawlins-tim

Frequent Racer
Jan 28, 2010
New Orleans, Louisiana
MSD makes a unit that is entirely electronic. And it doesn't need a ouside ignition box of any kind. Besides I'm not very excited about Capnitive Discharge anyway( multi-spark or long duration spark). What I like most about this particular unit is there are no weights or bushings to fool with. They have a bunch of advance curves that can be loaded on to the distributor useing your PC. Or you can load your own personal curve, that best suits your motor. Check it out if it sounds like what you want. I'm definately gonna get one my next go around.

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
If you're looking for a stand-alone, plug & play ignition, look no further than Performance Distributors DUI unit. I still haven't seen anything that looks better on an oscilloscope or is more rock solid reliable.

http://www.performancedistributors.com/

Tommy

lasttime78

Frequent Racer
Mar 7, 2011
Just outside Rochester, New York
I got to say I like the DUIand also love the Pertronix Ignitor3 Flame Thrower Have one on my big block. I had a distributor stock built up for dragracing, put good money into it. For the hell of it a friend had two sitting on shelf asked to try the Flamethrower out. The engine ran better , spark was hotter, plugs are the most perfect color. The wierdest part at Idle and cruising rpm dropped 300 rpm. Still doen't understand why but love the distributor. Best 260 ever spent, I don't like useing spark boxes either.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts