prop block swap out

gboy09

Daily Driver
Mar 22, 2009
putting all new brake lines in and i dont want to run old prop block. first time doing this so i need a little info. i would like to run an after market prop valve by my master cylinder and line lock. how would i convert the lines where the old block would go? pictures would be great or a point to a forum with all the answers would be nice also. thanks a bunch
-kyle

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
It's not a prop valve. It's a combination valve. It performs the metering & proportioning functions. It's probably just easiest to leave it where it is. Master Power Brakes has them...

Tommy

80Grand_LeMans

Dragway Regular
Jun 4, 2008
Peabody MA
I found out they sell some on speedway motors. I haven't been up close to mine in a while but the one on their site looked just like the original, also comes with a new sensor as well. I may have to pick one up because mines nasty looking. I think it was like $60ish

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
If you're dead set on relocating it, the kit Speedway has the mounting bracket to put it under the MC. Master Power Brakes used to sell the brackets separately. Then all you need to do is replace the main lines from the combo valve to the front and rear tees & extend or relocate the brake switch wire from under the car...

Tommy

gboy09

Daily Driver
Mar 22, 2009
im thinking about swithcing over to manual brakes and wanting to put everything on the fire wall. i just got all new brake lines so i will probally just go with the a new one for now. also plan on swapping to rear disc in the near future. thanks for all the info guys. very much appreciated!!

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts