proportioning

1979dbkohl

Weekend Racer
Dec 6, 2010
dubuque iowa
if i run 4 wheel disc brakes all the way around my malibu will the stock proportioning valve work or will i have to buy an aftermarket one?do i run the lines through that and take the stock one off the car? any help greatly appreciated thanks casey

1979dbkohl

Weekend Racer
Dec 6, 2010
dubuque iowa
just lookin for help i know all these questions may seem stupid but i have no clue on any of this g body stuff im new to the game. any help on proportioning would be great i get responses from everybody on what to do but just lookin 4 help thanks casey

dr78442

Weekend Racer
Jan 17, 2010
massapequa park, NY
You need to change the valve. I used MP power brakes. They make a valve for 4 wheel disc that will bolt into the stock location. Check out MPbrakes.com

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
dr78442 said:
You need to change the valve. I used MP power brakes. They make a valve for 4 wheel disc that will bolt into the stock location. Check out MPbrakes.com
x2.i picked up one from inline tube.bolts into the oe location.

dr78442

Weekend Racer
Jan 17, 2010
massapequa park, NY
VL3359A is the part # and the price is 109 dollars. I used the same valve on my Olds it mounted in the factory location . MP brakes make a really nice product I use them on all my projects. Good luck

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
dr78442 said:
VL3359A is the part # and the price is 109 dollars. I used the same valve on my Olds it mounted in the factory location . MP brakes make a really nice product I use them on all my projects. Good luck

X2 same one I used. MP's people are great, too.

Tommy

LIL NOVE

Daily Driver
Dec 29, 2008
www.myspace.com
Hey Dbkohl, are u using the stock mc or did u swap that out also??? im gonna do the S10 e upgrade in the front & ls1 rears & the mc on the car seems kinda small...

LIL JOHN

vickysbu

Amateur Racer
Jan 14, 2011
Low End
I just learned that GM used the same combo valve on the b-body vehicles that came with either disc/disc and disc/drum. Theres a mod that.....http://www.powerperformancemotorsports.com/product.sc?productId=1762&categoryId=19
Im sure there has to be something similar for g-body setups looking to do rear disc brake swaps.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts