Putting stock gauges in from an SS when you have just lights

wiseman79

Top Fueler
Dec 18, 2004
Central Virginia
www.performancetech.net
I couldn't tell you exactly without being in front of it. I just studied the circuits on the back, and using a battery and alligator clips I powered all the lights to make sure continuity was good and new bulbs worked. The guages can be tested, I looked on the internet and found some info on doing this, I think grounding them to make sure the needles move. Sorry I can't be more detailed, but you should be able to google the topic and get more, it's what I did.

richamer1

Frequent Racer
Oct 17, 2004
New Carlisle, Oh
Tach Filter

The tachometer filter number in this article according to GM is not a good number. Does any one know of another number for a tach filter?
Northwet said:
Check out the "Tech" links.

http://www.maliburacing.com/gauge_conversion.html

maliburacinfreak

Top Fueler
Feb 8, 2004
evansville, in
im working on this now and i think the diagrams in tech is just about worthless. there are so many on the first diagram that arent on the second. and what wire do i run to the distributor for the tach?

Longroof79

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 10, 2004
Gainesville, Fla.
maliburacinfreak said:
im working on this now and i think the diagrams in tech is just about worthless. there are so many on the first diagram that arent on the second. and what wire do i run to the distributor for the tach?
====================================================
Lonny,
I think you might have to run a new wire for the tach. Looking at the different dash plugs. It seems like the cars that did not come equipped with tachs were missing the white wire going to the gauge pod. That might not be the case with all years..
Jack :?

Longroof79

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 10, 2004
Gainesville, Fla.
That tech article is by far the best one I've seen yet regarding gauge cluster swapping. It's so detailed and direct.
Kudos to this gentleman... =D> =D>
Jack 8)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* Would anyone happen to know whether Oldsmobile Cutlass' used the same dash wiring harness as a Pontiac GP/ Bonneville?
I noticed the GP harness also has a dual plug configuration for the gauges. Much like the one pictured in the article. :?:

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts