Alexander

Frequent Racer
Oct 23, 2009
Iceland/Norway
Excelerater said:
ICELAND .........my bad...
Would love to travel one day and check you guys out,I hear its a
great place to live

It's lovely, though as I mentioned before.. having a American Muscle car there, well you can choose.. a normal life or a muscle car :mrgreen:

79loserbluebu

Frequent Racer
Jun 15, 2009
Illinois-60491
Doober said:
Personally I like my Pypes system. I didn't have much trouble installing it on the car either, aside from it being my first aftermarket system & figuring out the best method to putting it all together.

For the headers, I put mine in from the top on the passenger side, and from the bottom on the driver's side. Make sure the oil filter & starter are removed beforehand and you have a lot of room under the car, it makes things MUCH easier, and both sides slid right into place for me (pass. side may not be quite as easy, I removed the heater/A/C box).

Haha next thing you're gonna say is that you have a old school Autometer 2" tach mounted above the heater/radio section of the dash :D . Just playing, I also have the Pypes kit with x-pipe. My headers went from the bottom in though, like you said with the starter and oil filter out. The starter is kind of a pain to get back in you have to finesse it in there while pushing the trans lines out of the way. The Pypes kit is great I still have the clamps on there because it's not making a stupid amount of power so the clamps won't harm it. With the headers and 3" to 2.5" reducers that Hooker sold to me, I also needed a 6" piece of pipe on one side instead of the 4" that they send with the kit even though it fit on the other side. But no big deal. Some G-bodies came with holes already drilled on the rear frame rails for exhaust, mine on the other hand did not. I have the behind the wheel quarter panel exits. Love the exhaust kit and anyone who has a Malibu I would highly suggest it to them. I also have a TH350 trans and I'm using an Iceman dual exhaust crossmember. It doesn't hang down as low as I thought it's tucked in there pretty nicely, and I'm using an aftermarket wider driveshaft and it clears the shaft and the shaft brace easily.

I have the Street Pro mufflers and it sounds good. In my opinion, it sounds better than my buddies 95' Impala SS with Spintechs.

appsk8r

Frequent Racer
Sep 7, 2006
Winston Salem, NC
I will also chime in and say the Pypes system is pretty good. Not perfect, but good for the price. Although I have the 3" system, I'm sure this applies to most systems in general. First, I installed the Pypes system AS IS. Although it did fit with no problems, and could have worked the way it was for a normal Malibu, it didn't tuck up enough for mine. My car is so low that I needed the system to hug the floorboards, and with this system there was about 3" between floor and muffler. I actually cut wedges out of the pipes in a few spots and rewelded them back together, no benders here. So if you want a decent fitting system, Pypes is ok. If you want a really neat custom exhaust, all the parts are there with the Pypes system, it just needs a little tweaking to get it just right.

Alexander

Frequent Racer
Oct 23, 2009
Iceland/Norway
Thanks guys, I will get the Pypes System.
The description of it also sounds perfect for my needs since I'm making a street car, a looker with power.. I'm not fighting partseconds on the quarter mile.. this is my first car, there will be a other car later that I will turn into a drag monster :twisted:

Oh and appsk8r, your Malibu looks so good!! =D>

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
I was flipping through Super Chevy at Wal Mart and saw it last night, looks great! Mine is the same way, it sits low. I had a bolt from the seat I was able to use to keep it close to the floorboard, I haven't dragged it yet I don't think, although I've found a speedbump or two with my driver's side header :x

Alexander

Frequent Racer
Oct 23, 2009
Iceland/Norway
I will just drop my front end about an inch I think, I'm very pleased with the rear!

Alexander

Frequent Racer
Oct 23, 2009
Iceland/Norway
Hahahhaha maaaan, the first 20 seconds I was like, whaaat.. that engine sounds like running water, what's he braggin about?? :lol:

alex383

Frequent Racer
Aug 16, 2008
douglas az
Alexander said:
Hahahhaha maaaan, the first 20 seconds I was like, whaaat.. that engine sounds like running water, what's he braggin about?? :lol:
jajajajaajajjaj the sound is of the wash machine....

Phoneguy

Amateur Racer
Nov 18, 2009
Central fl
If you want to be cheap like me you can get the pypes x-pipe for the g-body from summit for $133 if I remember right. Then I used thrush welded mufflers with turndowns. It all tucks under pretty good and doesn't sound bad. I'll evently add tailpipes, I found a place called mandrel bending soultions that I can get the tails for $90 bucks one peice mandrel bent 2 1/2"

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts