Quick Performance Rears

Dom87SS

Pro Stocker
Jun 6, 2003
Lake Villa, IL
www.stroked57.com
im thinking i wanna get a QP 9" with disk brakes for my car. but have a few questions for those of you who hae or have had this rear.

how was it working with the company to get what you want?
where did you get your center section from?
did you get the brakes through QP or out of yard?
was there any sort of fitment issues with anything?
how much do you think you have in the rear complete disk to disk?
anythign else i should know about the company or products prior to buying, and would you recommend this piece?

slimbo

May 21, 2007
www.yellowbullet.com
perfect
quick performance as well
fit like a glove
i did drums but it was 2105.00 moser 35 spline axles, strange s series case,alum daytona pinion support, 1/2 studs,1350 billet yoke,ford drum brakes, jack pad, drain and fill plugs. 4.10 gear set

just buy it. f the discs i just went with the drums. im not road racing

Malibuwagon80

Dragway Regular
Aug 8, 2007
North Jersey
slimbo5 said:
perfect
fit like a glove
i did drums but it was 2105.00 moser 35 spline axles, strange s series case,alum daytona pinion support, 1/2 studs,1350 billet yoke,ford drum brakes, jack pad, drain and fill plugs. 4.10 gear set

just buy it. f the discs i just went with the drums. im not road racing
What he said X2

Dom87SS

Pro Stocker
Jun 6, 2003
Lake Villa, IL
www.stroked57.com
thats where my debate is now. do i just spend the money to get axles, spool, c clip eliminators since i already have a housing or do i just go for the aftermarket rear. its a real toss up and no budget way around it.

strange s60 rear complete - $1930
quick performance 9" - about $1800-2300
currie 9"- $1,500 + center section
moser 12 bolt - $2200-2800
moser 9" - $960 + center section + brakes
upgrade 8.5 - about $1000/parts + labor

slimbo

May 21, 2007
www.yellowbullet.com
thats the same point i was at. i figured if im gonna spend some cash and still end up with c clip eliminators its worth it to spend a little more and get the 9 inch.

TOMS78BU

MalibuRacing Junkie
Dec 13, 2007
gadsden, alabama
Same here, after breaking the spider gears in my stock 12 bolt, I was faced with either building it, or buying new. It cost a few hundred more, but I went with a new 12 bolt from Moser and don't regret it at all. I have 9 inch style ends on mine, 33 spline axles, spool, and 5/8 studs. Plus, the housing itself is brand new and way beefier in every aspect. The new housing was why I went with this over the QP 9 inch, as the price was almost the same, but QP uses refurbished housings, and my brakes would not have worked, so I would have had to buy brakes as well. I will say that the person I talked to at QP was very helpful, and easy to work with. I would not hesitate to call them should I ever need a 9 inch rear for another car.

Dom87SS

Pro Stocker
Jun 6, 2003
Lake Villa, IL
www.stroked57.com
the more i think about it the more i am leaning toward a 9" or 12 bolt....but more toward a 9". i will be getting prices today or tomorrow on what the stuff will be for all options and will decide from there.

swapmeetjunkbu

Amateur Racer
Nov 9, 2008
N. Iowa
The QP Rear cost me $1000 cash Drum to drum, 31 moser, and drilled for 7/16" x 20 studs. All I needed to add and install was a center section and brake lines. They use a used HD reconditioned center of the housing but install new axle tubes and bearing ends. The welds are a work of art and all new hardware is included. It fit perfect with no issues and those guys are the best to work with. I asked them how much horsepower it could take and they said anything I could put to it. Great bunch of guys.

87SS

Dragway Regular
Jul 18, 2004
Hillsborough, NJ
www.cardomain.com
FYI (since you listed the S60)

Strange stopped making the S60 for the G-bodies recently. I called them about 1.5 months ago to get some pricing and they informed me that they stopped because they were just not getting many orders for the G-body.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts