Radial slick question

10secBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 21, 2003
Westminster, MD
Bigtime said:
did you notice the new hoosiers are almost 10lbs lighter than the MT's?

Hoosier:

17318 P325/50R15 29lbs

MT:

3757R P325/50R15 37lbs

8 lbs each to be exact by the ratings.

Yes, I noticed that and pointed it out this past winter/spring.

The tread compound is the C06 which is the same as the lightweight radial slicks.

10secBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 21, 2003
Westminster, MD
Barry 85 SS said:
Todd, do you plan on using the new tires soon? If so please let us know how they work compared to the MT's.

There all mounted up and ready to go. I'm gonna be racing this Sunday, but will be bracket racing, so more than likely I'll leave the slicks on for this event. Consistency is more important than a bit of ET or 60'. If I can slip a run or two in and try the Hoosier D/R's I will, but more than likely will leave testing them for another day.

Supe

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 21, 2003
Charlotte, NC
10secBu said:
Barry 85 SS said:
Todd, do you plan on using the new tires soon? If so please let us know how they work compared to the MT's.

There all mounted up and ready to go. I'm gonna be racing this Sunday, but will be bracket racing, so more than likely I'll leave the slicks on for this event. Consistency is more important than a bit of ET or 60'. If I can slip a run or two in and try the Hoosier D/R's I will, but more than likely will leave testing them for another day.

Waiting to hear back on your results, Todd. I was going to go with the ET Radials, but now I'm not so sure. I do like that the 275/60's have a true 10" tread on the Hoosiers compared to M/T's of the same size...

bdi

Amateur Racer
Mar 6, 2007
atwood....ky
Re:

10secBu said:
Bigtime said:
did you notice the new hoosiers are almost 10lbs lighter than the MT's?

Hoosier:

17318 P325/50R15 29lbs

MT:

3757R P325/50R15 37lbs

8 lbs each to be exact by the ratings.

Yes, I noticed that and pointed it out this past winter/spring.

The tread compound is the C06 which is the same as the lightweight radial slicks.

16 pounds....thats like losing the weight of a wheel and then some....i'll mention this to my father in law...too bad he just got some new m/t raidals.... are the hoosier radials as temperature sensitive as the regular slicks...? thanks brandon

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!