Radio Wireing

footbrake

Dragway Regular
Feb 8, 2006
Buffalo, NY
Besides the three plastic plugs on my cutlass radio, out of the back are 2 wires going into a plug which I take is for the power antenna, also there is a single black wire with a plug on it. What's this one for? Thanks-Russ

bigbadbu

Pro Stocker
May 5, 2008
East Hartford
www.facebook.com
post a picture of the harness and i could help ya alot more i put a head unit in my malibu and it was a p.i.t.a all i realy had to do was run a separate wire to the battery for a constant and i tied off the other two wires that it had with it

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
If it's aftermarket, you'll need a constant hot (usually tied into the 12v feed for the cigarette lighter).
c702_1.jpg

Yellow: ignition hot
Gray: illumination
Black: ground

Light green/Dark green:RF+/RF-
Tan/Gray:LF+/LF-

Dark Blue/Light Blue:RR+/RR-
Brown/Yellow:LR+/LR-

Make sure the speakers are wired in phase, otherwise you won't have the bass you're supposed to have (that's what the +/- is for, wiring it opposite that doesn't hurt the speaker). If you have a power antenna, you will have either a remote turn-on wire, a power antenna wire, or both from an aftermarket radio.

footbrake

Dragway Regular
Feb 8, 2006
Buffalo, NY
This is a stock GM Cutlass Delco Radio that belongs in it. The black wire I'm talking about is coming directly out of the back of the radio.

bigbadbu

Pro Stocker
May 5, 2008
East Hartford
www.facebook.com
my stock bu radio had just those three plugs but black is almost always the ground

footbrake

Dragway Regular
Feb 8, 2006
Buffalo, NY
I'll try to post a pic of it

malibus~most~wanted

Dragway Regular
Apr 6, 2008
does that black wire have like a boot on the end of it? if it does its for your antenna. post the picture and we will help ya out. i know on my 80 malibu i have the antenna in the windshield and i have to use a black wire with a boot on the end to hook it up.

footbrake

Dragway Regular
Feb 8, 2006
Buffalo, NY
Found it's really a white wire with a black sheath on it, that has a conector on it.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts