Ready to order wheels QUICK Question

junk racing

Amateur Racer
Ok im ready to order my new wheels and before i did wanted to make sure i have all the backspacing and bolt patterns thought out correctly. The car is a 79 Malibu, has a 8.5 10 bolt stock length. Im going to run a 15x10 with a 5.5 BS 275/60/15 4.75 bolt circle correct? and on the front a 15x4 4.5 bolt circle?

The reason for running a 15x10 is so i wont have to buy new wheels when i step up too a bigger radial.

Thanks guys still new to malibus and theres about 7" snow outside or id go measure.

-Donnie

bustedknuckle

Dragway Regular
Mar 4, 2008
St. Louis-Missouri
I believe you have to fully notch the frame to run 5.5" BS but if you intend on doing that then yes its right for the rears and the front bolt pattern is the same as the rear 4.75 not 4.5

junk racing

Amateur Racer
Yep went ahead and ordered the tubs aswell as wheels, now when you guys say a full notch what exactly is the difference?? I have heard you guys saying "notch to the seam on the frame" im assumin a full notch is past that? anybody have any pics of a full notch so i have something to go by?

Thanks guys

bustedknuckle

Dragway Regular
Mar 4, 2008
St. Louis-Missouri
A full notch is all the way to the inner plate on the inside frame rail. cutt all the way past the seam to the inner plate and reinforce.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts