RIBS!

Excelerater

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 22, 2003
Memphis,TN
rustyolbu said:
Excelerater said:
Memphis has the best ribs in the world,no reason to make my own LOL

Well your opinion is biased, It mostly depends on what kinda sauce you like honestly.... Texas,Memphis Tn,The carolinas, Have the countrys best bbq... The common factors? Low and slow smoked bbq!!!!!
no its not.....im stating a fact
curse_sign.gif

rustyolbu

Frequent Racer
Mar 7, 2010
D&A Machine Shop said:
:D I got a smoker. Used it over the weekend, I cooked 2 full racks of ribs two whole chickens and some sausage.
Everything was amazing. Used smokinjoes recipie and rustyolbus method, good food I'm getten hungry again just thinkin about it. =P~
Thanks guys. =D>

Your spoiled now..... Those ribs at ur favorite chain joint or bar just dont hold a candle do they? Play around with different rubs... I have a decent one i use i will p.m. it to you if you would like. Also try different woods I like apple alot for pork, Beef i prefer hickory, Pecan is awesome for pork if you can find it! Cherry is good also, Any fruit or nut tree wood is good to use. I have a freakin awesome baked bean recipe for a side if you would like..... Any questions just p.m. me i am very willing to help also some smell -o- vision pics would be nice :D

rustyolbu

Frequent Racer
Mar 7, 2010
Excelerater said:
rustyolbu said:
Excelerater said:
Memphis has the best ribs in the world,no reason to make my own LOL

Well your opinion is biased, It mostly depends on what kinda sauce you like honestly.... Texas,Memphis Tn,The carolinas, Have the countrys best bbq... The common factors? Low and slow smoked bbq!!!!!
no its not.....im stating a fact
curse_sign.gif

im_sorry.gif You do have memphis in may..... And i did forget a few regions forgot St louis,
And the deep south has some good spots as well.... All depends on what kinda sauce and rub combos that you like.... In my opinion i never met a rib i did not like. If it was smoked low and slow :D

rustyolbu

Frequent Racer
Mar 7, 2010
grizwald said:
alright....time to break down and buy a smoker i guess. this just sounds awesome!
You are correct sir! you will not go back to chain restaraunts bbq once you try it.... I have some smoker buying tips when ur ready to buy let me know!!!!

D&A Machine Shop

Frequent Racer
You will not regret getting one. Ive been putting it off for way to long and now I am wondering why.
I got one that uses propane and you load wood chips in a pan in the bottom. My house is about 100 yards from the shop so I can
start it in the morning check on it a few times and have ribs or chicken or anything else I want to cook for lunch.
This is the one I got.
http://www.lowes.com/pd_190449-95393-DGY784CP_0__?productId=3087719&Ntt=propane+smoker+&pl=1&currentURL=%2Fpl__0__s%3FNtt%3Dpropane%2Bsmoker%2B
Gonna start some brisket in the morning I will try to post some pics of it when its done.

rustyolbu

Frequent Racer
Mar 7, 2010
D&A Machine Shop said:
You will not regret getting one. Ive been putting it off for way to long and now I am wondering why.
I got one that uses propane and you load wood chips in a pan in the bottom. My house is about 100 yards from the shop so I can
start it in the morning check on it a few times and have ribs or chicken or anything else I want to cook for lunch.
This is the one I got.
http://www.lowes.com/pd_190449-95393-DGY784CP_0__?productId=3087719&Ntt=propane+smoker+&pl=1&currentURL=%2Fpl__0__s%3FNtt%3Dpropane%2Bsmoker%2B
Gonna start some brisket in the morning I will try to post some pics of it when its done.

Thats a decent rig bro! not my style but very easy to use!!!! Good luck with the brisket that is the Mt. Everest of bbq there.... Remeber dont follow guide lines (minutes per pound) It is done when its done.... (internal temp) Stay on top of that mop sauce or cook it in a pan and let it bask in its own juices... Dont be upset if it doesnt turn out well most first,second and or third runs dont fare well... Brisket can be a very difficult cut of meat to learn to cook!

footbrake

Dragway Regular
Feb 8, 2006
Buffalo, NY
How do these look? MMMMMMMMM I can smell them now \:D/

Attachments

• IMG_0004.JPG
    IMG_0004.JPG
    142.7 KB · Views: 3,495
  • IMG_0006.JPG
    IMG_0006.JPG
    116 KB · Views: 3,498