sand blast/air compressor

10secBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 21, 2003
Westminster, MD
I too had done my share of sand blasting when I was younger. Only recently did I find out that blasting with sand is dangerous to your health. I can't remember what it can cause health wise, but you need to wear the proper resparator, not just a dust/partical mask.

NEW2MALIBU

Dragway Regular
Mar 5, 2007
idaho
Ive done a fair amount of sandblasting over the years. I wouldnt use my own 60 gal compressor. I used a 100 lb pressure pot that I borrowed from one of my friends and I rented a trailered compressor for the day. The type that they use for roadwork. It wasnt that expensive considering the amount of stuff that I blasted. Try to get all of the stuff apart and ready and just do it all at once. Those compressors are kinda loud but man they put out alot of air !!! And do yourself a favor...get a sandblasting hood, dont use a dustmask and glasses. Black beauty or even regular sand can sting after awhile ! OR pay to have it done and sit back and watch someone else get dirty !

I agree with you Mike. I have also done quite a bit of soda and media blasting. I had a professional blasing unit, although the trick is the air. I would also recommend the pull behind type compressor. In reality you need a compressor capable of like a minimum 145cfm. We used to use a 185cfm. Your basic little compressor like we have in our garages are like 9cfm, 11cfm, etc. There is no way they can work with any effectiveness. Your just gonna get pissed off. We rent the pull behinds all the time, should be able to get one for about $65 or $75 for the day.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts