spaghetti menders

siege

Amateur Racer
Oct 6, 2009
Hello just have a quick question is there any one on here running a spaghetti menders wiring system if so how do you like it so far and how was the install?

Thank you in advance

Excelerater

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 22, 2003
Memphis,TN
I have used it

over priced IMO...its a time saver and pretty reliable for what it does
You can build your own system for half if you have patience and know how
Many racers shy away from wiring a car his system kinda simplifies it

siege

Amateur Racer
Oct 6, 2009
thanks for the reply i think i will go with the painless drag kit its a lot cheaper and looks about the same.

10secBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 21, 2003
Westminster, MD
K&R and Biondo offer wire kits which are similar priced at around $500. These systems use a switch panel which is connected to a main relay board via a computer style serial cable. The main board can mount under the dash which makes for a neat installation.

I don't like regular switches on the roll cage as it's sloppy having all those wires running up and back the cage.

The spaghetti menders system is OK, but if spending that kind of money, I'd much rather have the system from Speedwire.

http://www.gallo-teck.ca/speedwire/

Excelerater

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 22, 2003
Memphis,TN
10secBu said:
K&R and Biondo offer wire kits which are similar priced at around $500. These systems use a switch panel which is connected to a main relay board via a computer style serial cable. The main board can mount under the dash which makes for a neat installation.

I don't like regular switches on the roll cage as it's sloppy having all those wires running up and back the cage.

The spaghetti menders system is OK, but if spending that kind of money, I'd much rather have the system from Speedwire.

The thing I dont care for on Speedwire is they have all the wires come to one
control center where as SM has a relay board for trunk,engine and pass compartments
which is not only easier to wire up it puts the relays closer to the sources...I am sure
both brands work ok I just like that feature on SM

10secBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 21, 2003
Westminster, MD
Excelerater said:
10secBu said:

control center where as SM has a relay board for trunk,engine and pass compartments
which is not only easier to wire up it puts the relays closer to the sources...I am sure

That's the reason I don't like the S/M system. You can't shorten the computer cables when running connections from the main unit to the auxillary modules and your forced to coil up any excess...looks sloppy.

Excelerater

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 22, 2003
Memphis,TN
10secBu said:
Excelerater said:
10secBu said:

That's the reason I don't like the S/M system. You can't shorten the computer cables when running connections from the main unit to the auxillary modules and your forced to coil up any excess...looks sloppy.

he really needs to do away with the stupid computer cables but you do want the relays close to what your powering

Supe

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 21, 2003
Charlotte, NC
I also like the fact that Speedwire has every circuit fused/relayed, unless it needs it or not. When the time comes, the Speedwire setup will be going in the Cutlass.

smedley511

Weekend Racer
Jul 17, 2007
glenside pa
i have the spaghetti menders kit. installing it now , when i get it done i will post pics. it seems very nice nice but what do i know, it was expensive, but i here it is the best.

ILLEGAL REGAL

MalibuRacing Junkie
Jan 1, 2005
Tinley Park,IL
Any pics of it installed yet and first hand info of installation?

I really liked how the speedwire is all in one location but also like what Mitch mentioned on the location of relays with SM's. I'm starting to lean towards SM.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!