speedway motors tubular control arms

Cam

Dragway Regular
May 22, 2003
Los Osos, CA
Cool, that's good to know!

Maybe my big brake swap is coming up sooner than later ;)

dwkohout

Frequent Racer
Sep 25, 2004
Albany,MN
Cam said:
dwkohout said:
UCA's for tall spindle swaps. About $100 for a set. UBMachine PN#14-0809-5R & 14-0809-5L http://www.oldspower.com/vb/showthread.php?t=19243
I have tall spindles on my car and I was really cheap. I shortened the stock arms. :-"

What was the shortened length? I'm thinking it needs to be 6.75-7" or so.

Sorry I don't recall the length.

Cam

Dragway Regular
May 22, 2003
Los Osos, CA
thrashin said:
The UB Machine arms are listed at 8 inches long. I am pretty sure that the stock a's are 8 or 8.5 inches. Are you using alot of shims?

That special part number, found on their "special applications" page is shorter I believe. The stock arms are 8 inches, you need around 7" for the tall spindle conversion.

Horsepwraddict

Pro Stocker
Mar 3, 2007
Princeton MA
I just put a set on my S10, i used two right side arms and they went on just fine. I called speedway and they said to torque the cross shaft bolts to 55 ft/lbs for the aluminum cross shaft arms in case anyone was wondering.

Horsepwraddict

Pro Stocker
Mar 3, 2007
Princeton MA
They give you quite a bit of negative camber also I noticed, along with putting the balljoint at a pretty extreme angle. I have a pretty tall vehicle though, a lowered vehicle wouldn't have such an exagerated condition with the ball joint.

Cam

Dragway Regular
May 22, 2003
Los Osos, CA
Horsepwraddict said:
They give you quite a bit of negative camber also I noticed, along with putting the balljoint at a pretty extreme angle. I have a pretty tall vehicle though, a lowered vehicle wouldn't have such an exagerated condition with the ball joint.

Yeah they do not have the same drop built into them that some of the other after-market ones have. As long as you don't hit the limits of the balljoint at full droop it should be OK, if not ideal.

They really give you a lot of negative camber? Maybe that's related to your ride height as well... they are supposedly the same length as the stock arms, maybe .5" shorter, but most G-bodies need around .5" of camber shims for spec. alignment anyways, so it works out OK. I don't know about an S10.

A

Anonymous

So these are okay for the street even with bumpy roads etc. I really like the look and the price!

Trickbu

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts