Spherical Rear Bushing

TRZ Motorsports

Frequent Racer
Nov 8, 2005
Orlando, FL
www.trzmotorsports.com
Ours fit 12 bolts and most 9 inches. The only 9" ones ours don't fit are SOME of Mosers cuz they made the ears wider than stock on SOME of them which can be cut back down to stock width and be fine. 12 bolts no problem though. We don't have any installed pics, it's not something anybody usually needs to see it's kind of self explanatory. I just looked through various shop install pics and only can find some installed w/ the 9" rears but w/ the uppers and all, so its still hard to see.

A

Anonymous

called speedway on these bushings they were turned down to much on the o.d. thats why they did not fit they are gonna do the right thing with me they are gonna send me the correct size that fits i will try and if no good i will buy the trz ones any one interested in the install ill put up pics so fellas let me know.

A

Anonymous

ok fellas got a new set no good,TRZ is the way to go gotta call them up to order mine.awesome price 25 bucks but to good to be true they dont fit...........speedway is still good place to shop they helped me all they could but they do not fit

Supe

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 21, 2003
Charlotte, NC
mild big block said:
Supe said:
Because they're not like the TRZ/Wolfe design. They're the equivalent to a rod end being housed inside of a standard bushing shell.

They're a pretty basic design, but they'll work as well as a standard rod end would. Not as hearty as your typical sphericals for housing ears, and they won't last as long, but they appear fine on a budget.
sounds like you have done side by side testing on these.i am in the market for a set of these and would be interested to hear why the speedway bushings wont last as long as the trz design.the speed way bushing have a dust boot to protect the bearing from dirt and debris where the trz brand don't.how have these worked on your car?

Haven't done any side by side testing. The TRZ's will last longer because they have a significantly larger wear surface. If they're kept moderately clean, they should last far longer without any slop.

A

Anonymous

they are actually for the ears and supe i guess you where correct u get what u pay for so going with trz on mine got tired of measuring and trying to fit them on

CutlassRacer

MalibuRacing Junkie
Dec 18, 2004
Gainesville, FL
www.facebook.com
I know its a little off topic, but I just installed a set of TRZ spherical bearings in my 8.5" 10 bolt and they fit perfectly. Total time to install them was about 10 minutes (rear end is on a pallet to be shipped ;) )

Back on topic. If you look at the Speedway deals, the actual "bearing" is very small inside of that little housing.

91634048_L.jpg

The bearing in the TRZ piece is much larger, and like Supe said, provides a larger area to transfer the load, which is stronger and will last longer.

gmspherical.jpg

Killerdave8813

Dragway Regular
Jan 16, 2008
Cincinnati,Ohio
Looks to me like the TRZ's are the way to go and I bet an industrius kind of feller could either find or make some sort of "dust boot" if they were worried about dirt getting in them say in a street driven application like mine,seems to me I saw something similar on Global West's site one day but went back looking for them and couldn't find em,anyway when I get ready to get back in to the rear suspension I know where to get them now!!! Later,Dave

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!