Spherical Rear Bushing

ILLEGAL REGAL

MalibuRacing Junkie
Jan 1, 2005
Tinley Park,IL
bad thing I see about speedways design is the area it can swivel before the bolt or spacers hit the bushing housing. I dunno how much that might really matter but it's sure not as great of an angle the trz style has.

Not a TRZ piece but the same thing.. Had to trim down the hex part a tad because it hits the pig, other than that easy simple install. I'm pretty sure only the drivers side touched.

100_1836.jpg

100_1660.jpg

A

Anonymous

well i bought wolcraft ones which are great got for 95.00 on sale but 1 question why are your rear springs twisting the way they are just curious

A

Anonymous

thanks 89 i dont have that problem was curious thanks again.

406Monte

Dragway Regular
Nov 30, 2007
Hubert, NC
I am in the market for some upper spherical bearings for my 12 bolt install and after reading this thread i am pretty muched convinced to go with Wolfe or TRZ. But i think i heard that TRZ now offers theirs with a teflon coating is that correct? I know if it is then i am buying those and dies anybody know how much they are? :?:

TRZ Motorsports

Frequent Racer
Nov 8, 2005
Orlando, FL
www.trzmotorsports.com
Not really a teflon costing in the bearings. We use Teflon Lined bearings. It keeps the crap out, and keeps them from clunking and squeaking. List price is $105 plus your 5% mr.com member discount makes them $99.75 plus freight.

406Monte

Dragway Regular
Nov 30, 2007
Hubert, NC
Thanks for the info. I am sure going to get a set for my 12 bolt when i get back.

79 surfwagon

Frequent Racer
Jun 26, 2006
Texas
QUESTION!
In the above photo of the complete rear axle assembly it looks like spherical bearings on BOTH ends of the UCA. Is this for race application only? Will this work on the street for daily driving?

I am about to put an entire assembly under my '79 wagon and I'm using the MOOG bushings on the lowers and MOOG in the upper axle housing; but sphon's UCA with poly bushing. I'm was under the impresion using the spherical bearings yields a harsher ride so i didn't use them. My car is a daily driver.

Can you comfortably and reliably use the spherical bushings in a daily driven G body?

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
79 surfwagon said:
QUESTION!
In the above photo of the complete rear axle assembly it looks like spherical bearings on BOTH ends of the UCA. Is this for race application only? Will this work on the street for daily driving?

I am about to put an entire assembly under my '79 wagon and I'm using the MOOG bushings on the lowers and MOOG in the upper axle housing; but sphon's UCA with poly bushing. I'm was under the impresion using the spherical bearings yields a harsher ride so i didn't use them. My car is a daily driver.

Can you comfortably and reliably use the spherical bushings in a daily driven G body?

When you say "spherical bearings" there's a lot of different varieties of parts associated with that term. It all depends on what style they are. I personally wouldn't use a true Heim joint on a DD, especially if it's exposed. They usually have no lube ports, so for a DD they pick up grit really easily & generally have a pretty short life.

The ones that Global West makes are true aircraft grade spherical bearings with grease fittings. They ride just fine & have a lifetime warranty. I can't say I have real life street experience with any of the other brands, although the Hotchkiss units look pretty good.

Tommy

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!