springs

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
check this post,it might have what you're looking for..

1979dbkohl

Weekend Racer
Dec 6, 2010
dubuque iowa
check this post,it might have what you're looking for..
Thank you

Chevys_Only

Daily Driver
Nov 22, 2012
Altoona, PA
The blue car in my Avatar is an '81 Malibu with an all iron 454 that I put in about 8 years ago. I had done a few big block swaps before and using replacement coils is a must but it is a gamble, sometimes they are too stiff, or they sit too high. and changing them out to experiment is a lot of work. If you leave the small block springs in there they will eventually sag and cause problems. A friend recommended using adjustable type front coil-overs and they are nice, I used them on the blue car with 2 inch drop spindles. It has UMI one inch drop rear coils with UMI rear control arms. The car sits just the way I like it and rides very well. I have actually gotten comments on the ride quality. The great thing is you adjust the springs to set the car how you want it. If I switched to aluminum heads and the front of the car sat higher, I could adjust the springs to set it back down, and no pulling springs in and out. They are a bit more money, but to me its money well spent, any swaps I do in the future will have them.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!