Steering box seals

Bill in NC

Top Fueler
Jan 1, 2004
Mocksville NC
Has anyone here put new seals in their steering box? I have a quick ratio box from an SS in my car and the seal at the input shaft has always "seaped" just enough fluid to have to wipe it off once a year or so. Recently it has decided to flat out leak :lol: I can't seem to find an good online article or how to. There is no slop in the box, so if I can replace the seal while the box is still bolted in place that would be a plus.

200KSS

Frequent Racer
May 27, 2003
Southeast Missouri
You can, I'm pretty sure I did this to one of my first cars back in my teen years. Trying to remember what special tools if any are required but I'm coming up blank. But yes, the seal can be replaced.

Barry 85 SS

Frequent Racer
Aug 8, 2005
Newport News, Va
I replaced the seals in my MCSS box several years ago, sorry I can't remember all the details. I did have it on the workbench, and I didn't have any "special" tools.

DamageInc85

Frequent Racer
Jan 22, 2004
Deland Fl
I thought there was a recent article in Chevy Hi Perf or Car Craft where they rebuilt an SS box.Cant seem to find it but have this.

http://www.chevyhiperformance.com/techarticles/148_0406_buick_grand_national_steering_box_build/index.html

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts