stock lq4 blow thru turbo build

rollcagerage

Amateur Racer
Dec 13, 2009
Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin
The engine is a stock 6.0l with a ls2 cam, 317 heads worked over. I went through tnetics and ask them to build a turbo for my app and I was looking for 1000hp. At first they set me up with a billet wheel 76mm, that was this spring in march, the billet wheels were on back order for a couple of weeks. To make a long story short it was 4 months later and still waiting for it, I settled for what I have now, they said they would custom build a 78mm standard wheel turbo that should make close to 1000hp. IDK exactly what the exducer of the compressor or the inducer of the turbine is. I guess if it dosent meet my expectations it will be for sale and I will go with a garret or something, I was a little disapointed in the whole Tnetics waiting game.

boostinmalibu

Dragway Regular
Sep 13, 2005
joplin missouri
i dont think it will make 1k on the 6.0 but it should spool super fast, make alot of torque real early, but run outta steam up top(5500-6000)

it will be a blast to drive for sure

rollcagerage

Amateur Racer
Dec 13, 2009
Thanks, I figure it will get my feet wet in the racing world of turbo charging, If I really have to i'll put two of them on, I kinda built the set up to put twins on if all else fails. first things first, build a good bottom end and get a cam this winter.

The-ace:

Amateur Racer
May 25, 2012
Western,Ma
www.facebook.com
Take a look at racepart solutions.com there prices seem fair, nice build by the way I'm doing a similar build but I'm thinking of going with a s480,96mm,132ar.

rollcagerage

Amateur Racer
Dec 13, 2009
Bman said:
Where did you buy the flanges and tubing from?
Most of the exhaust parts came from stainless works and Columbia river mandrel bends, the rest was home made.

rollcagerage

Amateur Racer
Dec 13, 2009
The-ace: said:
Take a look at racepart solutions.com there prices seem fair, nice build by the way I'm doing a similar build but I'm thinking of going with a s480,96mm,132ar.

Nice! are you doing anything with the motor? that sounds like a big turbo.

junk racing

Amateur Racer
Very nice bro, I wanted to do an LS motor but already had this motor so figured id learn turbo's on it. Give bullseye a call if you want to upgrade very good prices in my opinion. I would love to build something like your blazer aswell i bet that thing takes alot of people money lol

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts