stock suspension or ladder bar?

gieser

Daily Driver
Jul 7, 2008
mankato, minnesota
Sorry for the crazy question but i can't decide witch one to go with. I just bought my first car to build, it's a '81 malibu, im looking to build a streetable 10 maybe 9 second car, its going to be a single turbo carb lq4 backed by a powerglide and a 9" rear, I like the idea of stock style suspension car but then your limited to tire size somewhat. I want the car to hook almost anywhere, I don't want the car to spin eaisly on the street. The only reason i was thinking of ladder bar is then i wouldn't be limited to tire size, i could get the car low, and my friend has a ladder bar/powerglide bbc/na nova dyno'd about 875hp/750tq engine and it hardly spins the 32x17.5 MT ET streets. I did a lot of research and i think that a stock style sus. would work great with a turbo/powerglide setup and be streetable or not?

bigbadbu

Pro Stocker
May 5, 2008
East Hartford
www.facebook.com
the stock style suspension is amazing it will handle quite a bit and theres guys here running it with a frame nothch and still pulling some really good numbers

Jordan81

Pro Stocker
Feb 10, 2004
wichita, ks
if you want a street car, stick with the stock set up... that way your open to a lot more classes when you do race. personally i think the stock suspension is just as good as a ladder bar. for instance, my dads race car is back halved with a ladder bar it runs 9's and still spins sometimes. those are a 33x15x15 slick. the car we are building now is stock f-body suspension and its gonna be mid 8's this coming year and 7's next year probably, thats on a 10 inch street tire. oh and now that the 55 is backhalved when he wants to do heads up racing hes gonna need to have around 2000 horse just to be competitive... but we are gettin pretty heavy into the heads up shootout stuff, not everyone is...

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts