ladder bar vs stock style rear suspension

Jan 11, 2014
Ok so I'm redoing my malibu and as it is it has a ladder bar set up with a ford 9" and works very well but the ladder bar cross menber takes over the rear floor space and as I'm going to be installing a new one piece floor pan dont really want to cut it up.. so thinking of changing it back over to stock suspension want some thoughts and inputs..

10secBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 21, 2003
Westminster, MD
Stock style suspension works extremely well when setup properly. I'd go so far to say better than ladder bars again depending on setup.

Now does you car still have all the stock frame suspension mounting points? If not, changing back will be a larger project than just bolting stock replacement parts in place.

monkeywrenchmalibu

Jan 11, 2014
The frame still has all the stock mounting points would just have to fab up rear end brackets. As my car is set up it really hits the tire hard and lifts the front wheels 6-8 in or more..the other thing I like with the ladder bar set up is it lifts the rear of the body when it lunches now I know that can be done with stock style just unsure of what needs to be done as set up ... here is a couple pics of my car.

Attachments

• malibu night.jpg
    malibu night.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 1,484
  • armdrop day.jpg
    armdrop day.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 1,455

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts