summit star wheels

stafford

Frequent Racer
Jun 11, 2007
Tuttle Oklahoma
has anyone seen these or bought a set of these?
I was wondering what you thought of them

MEGABU

Top Fueler
Aug 20, 2007
Blue Island, IL
i haven't seen 'em in person yet but i heard they're actually really nice. i've already added 'em to my list of possibilities right next to the greg weld stars. :D

TOMS78BU

MalibuRacing Junkie
Dec 13, 2007
gadsden, alabama
they are just a generic pro star. don't look quite as good, imo. thay are cheaper though, so worth consideration. i'm not sure if i like the new greg weld design yet, like to see what they look like on a car before i can say. i do not like the other greg weld wheel, the ones with the weird looking holes all the way around, i think they are ugly.

MEGABU

Top Fueler
Aug 20, 2007
Blue Island, IL
TOMS78BU said:
they are just a generic pro star. don't look quite as good, imo. thay are cheaper though, so worth consideration. i'm not sure if i like the new greg weld design yet, like to see what they look like on a car before i can say. i do not like the other greg weld wheel, the ones with the weird looking holes all the way around, i think they are ugly.
yeah, i really like the g/w stars, they're definitely clean & different, but i don't know where he came up with that other design. looks like an old mercedes truck wheel. :lol:

TOMS78BU

MalibuRacing Junkie
Dec 13, 2007
gadsden, alabama
:roflback:

Supe

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 21, 2003
Charlotte, NC
Just remember, if you want them for looks, fine. But they are a cast wheel, not forged, and are considerably heavier.

stafford

Frequent Racer
Jun 11, 2007
Tuttle Oklahoma
Supe said:
Just remember, if you want them for looks, fine. But they are a cast wheel, not forged, and are considerably heavier.

I run the steel rallye wheels now, I wasn't to worried about weight, But
I didn't know the summit were cast, I wonder how much difference in weight the cast is compared to the forged? Hmmmm

MEGABU

Top Fueler
Aug 20, 2007
Blue Island, IL
stafford said:
Supe said:

I run the steel rallye wheels now, I wasn't to worried about weight, But
I didn't know the summit were cast, I wonder how much difference in weight the cast is compared to the forged? Hmmmm
they'll still be lighter than the steelies, but not by much.

Z-man

Dragway Regular
Aug 12, 2006
Barnesville MN/ Fargo ND
Supe said:
x2 we put a set on for a customer last week .....they weigh a TON.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts