Swaybar questions

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
timo22 said:
I have a Gn rear bar on my malibu. It is fat. I will measure it when I get a chance but it is definitely 1 1/4" or bigger.I had a 22m. Bar on it before.I cannot really tell a difference but it sure looks cool! Lol

1-1/4" REAR?? :shock: I bet it oversteers like CRAZY...

Tommy

timo22

Amateur Racer
Sep 13, 2011
St. Louis, Mo
Well, I measured it and it looks like 1 3/8". My friend has a body shop and was fixing a wrecked gn. One axle tube was bent so he gave me the rearend and sway bar. I just took for granted it was factory. I guess if I road raced my car it would probably have oversteer issues.these days I just like to cruise around with a mandatory burn out everytime I get it out. With dropped spindles,oversize front bar,jounce,gp braces,and fender braces,it actually handles quite well. It handles highway cloverleafs very nicely. I am no expert but I would have to agree that my rear bar is overkill.

BMR Sales

Frequent Racer
Nov 20, 2008

lkmeany

Amateur Racer
Feb 3, 2006
Saint Cloud,MN>
hotmail.com
Re: Swaybar questions-Fronts and rears

hey every one.Thanks for the feed back.I was at salvage yard today and scored two front bars.They measure 1 1/4".My wagon now has one that measures 1 1/8".I'm assuming they are actually a mm bar but they seam to be close to those prev.measurements.I'm assuming they are the f41 front bars.Quick question on the rear bars as I have seen two different styles.One being the one that attaches at the factory lower control arm pionts and follows under the rear axle and the other attaches at lower control arms and actually seams to ride-up behind the rear.Both these types are at the salvage yard but just wondering if any one knows why the difference.Grand Prix and Cutlass are the under axle ones and Regal has a behind rear axle type.I didn't get a measurement off either but they are difinitely factory units.Thanks to all that can help.I love the education....

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts