Switching from Colum to Floor Shifter

Stroked383

Amateur Racer
Dec 28, 2005
St louis Mo
Just picked up a set of buckets and floor shifter. Car is a 86 Monte Ls. All the linkage he said came with it. I need to know where to drill the hole in the tunnel for the linkage going to the transmission. What do I use and not use from what's on the car now. He gave me the floor shift set up with the linkage already attached. Looking if anyone has pictures? Maybe some advice.
Thanks
Cory

Stroked383

Amateur Racer
Dec 28, 2005
St louis Mo
TTT come on somebody has to have some pictures or info.

DOUG213XRJ

MalibuRacing Junkie
Sep 18, 2006
West, MI
Mount the shifter where you want it and with the shifter mounted you should see where the cable needs to go though the Floor.

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
Do you have a 2004R? If not you may need a different shifter, though I don't know what shifter you have (3- or 4-speed). You won't use anything from the column shifter setup, except maybe the selector arm on the trans. There should be a bracket that bolts to the trans using a couple of the pan bolts, that holds the shifter cable in place.

There's an off chance I may be wrong on the bracket, but that's how I've seen all the later model vehicles with a floor shifter.

A

Anonymous

find out what kind of floor shifter you have lookit up on summits website then click on instructions

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts