T-5 hyd slave cyl and header problem

turboapache

Weekend Racer
Jul 27, 2008
LAKE PLACID FLORIDA
I am installing a T-5 using a 90 Camaro bellhousing into a 80 El Camino and need to know if anyone out there has found a header that works. The set I was using were full length flotech headers. This was OK with the 700r4 but with the T-5 the drivers side header will not clear the hyd. slave cyl. I would like to stay with full length duals and not a crossover into a single pipe. Has anyone done this and what header was used? Thanks

A

Anonymous

Howe makes a hydraulic throw out bearing for the T5, you can use the f body bell, just sazall off the slave mount for header clearance. Oh yeah, the bearing is about $150

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
A few of the guys here have used the G-Body bellhousing/linkage with the T5.

killer406

Amateur Racer
I'm running a Super T-10 and used a Ram hyd throwout to get around this problem with my car. I paid $130(I think...) from Jegs. The exhause clearance is awesome.

killer406

Amateur Racer
Yup, Born and raised here, except for one year I lived in N.C. while at school.

supercharged1

Apr 3, 2007
Mass.
What up Peeps !!!
I went through this ordeal last summer and found a good combo. After purchasing several sets of long tubes to see which would fit the best I could not find a fit that I liked.It was either cut and move a primary tube to a better location or bend a collector flange. It sucked no matter what. So I purchased some hooker shorties for a camaro 82'-92'. No problem at all. I wanted nothing but longtubes but after a month or so trying to figure out what to do I came up with what I have now. Its a superchared 355 making about 500 hp and 500 ft lbs. The shorties are perfectly fine for the street, its a bolt in deal with no hassles and no headaches. I bolted em on and my buddy pulled me with a rope around the corner to tubular automotive and whoalah $100 and a couple of hours later I drove the bu home.
But if you decide to go this route I would just buy 1 Left side for a Camaro 82'-92' header and 1 right side for a G-body.
(Hooker would gladly sell one header)I had to make some custom clearance with my ballpean hammer on the right side due to the upper a-arm, no biggie. Just my 2-cents.
Good luck and F--- the Bulls--- !!!

turboapache

Weekend Racer
Jul 27, 2008
LAKE PLACID FLORIDA
Thanks to all. I used the drivers side header for a 90 Camaro and had a short head pipe made and problem solved, except for what I am going to do with one new pass side Camaro header.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts