taller upper ball joint?

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
I've been toying with the idea of upgrading my uppers and was wondering if i should go with the taller ubj's as well?thoughts?

malibu795

Pro Stocker
Apr 17, 2005
spgfd ohio
it helps road handling geometry greatly if its already apart and your doing them... do then get it aligned again

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
thanks, i haven't had it aligned yet so i thought now would be the time to ask this since i have no experience with them.

malibu795

Pro Stocker
Apr 17, 2005
spgfd ohio
it increase + camber gain on compression.

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
malibu795 said:

It increases negative camber, but not by much. If you're replacing them anyway, there's no reason not to use the tall ones. Every little bit helps.

Tommy

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
LS6 Tommy said:
malibu795 said:

It increases negative camber, but not by much. If you're replacing them anyway, there's no reason not to use the tall ones. Every little bit helps.

Tommy
good enough for me.thanks guys

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
i don't have one to offer,I've been shopping around and noticed it's an option available on some control arms.I've seen them by Howe on sc&c and umi also sells the taller joints.I've seen them by Proforged on summit's site as well.

UMI Sales

Amateur Racer
Jan 6, 2009
Sorry for the late reply. The tall upper ball joint allows for a "normal" tire friendly static alignment while improving negative camber gain during bump travel. The 1/2" taller ball joint is a pretty good improvement in performance vs cost. It doesn't turn your car into an F1 car but does help nicely during cornering.

We load them in our upper arms as an upgrade and also sell them individually if you plan to use your own arms.

We've found that the 1/2" taller upper ball joints work in factory arms without much issue. Our test car has tall upper and lower ball joints which gives a full inch of spindle height which is too much misalignment for factory arms.

Let me know if you have any questions. Happy to help.

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
thanks Ramey,yourself and Ryan have been a big help.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts