transmission Slip or converter too big for gear?

injected

Frequent Racer
Dec 21, 2006
Quebec , Canada
EternalMalibu said:
Ok, i have posted a question about my converter/cam/gear problem. I drove the Bu again in a parade on the 4th of July. It shifts fine but seems like it is "freewheeling" in third til i stomp it and make it lock in. Maybe it IS MY GEAR. I am just scared that it may be the transmission slipping but having a Canadian block .40 over 350 /3200 stall with a 488/510 lift /TH350 transmission/ 9:5:1 CR / Edelbrock Performer RPM (64 cc) heads/ B&M shift kit. Now the rear is STOCK 273. I have never had a stall this big. Any help is appreciated! Before you ask, YES i am planning to change gear but need $$ first. Im eating steak on a bologna budget!!!
You have truely a gear problem here,nobody asked you what size of tires your are running or planning to run ?You can get a gear of a s10.Old 4 cyl came with 3.73 in 2wd.Just take the complete pig with shims.Even if it is not a posi ,at least you'l be burning rubber not your transmission.Dont worry about the buget, i am in the same boat and manage to do good :)

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts